Hi, I'm Amy.

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
cakelady's Avatar :)
I suffered from severe ppd when my son came home from his 2 1/2 month stay in the NICU.

I have a long history of depression and anxiety, but during my pregnancy I did not suffer from any of it despite a very uncomfortable pregnancy. Naively, thinking I was cured, I did not expect to experience PPD because I thought I was coping well with my son's early arrival and the daily strain of going back and forth to the hospital. When he came home, the morning after he choked while he was breastfeeding and went unconscious. I performed CPR on him, and an ambulance came to take us to the hospital. Calum was admitted to the nursery and we came home without him for yet another time...then it hit me.

PPD is debilitating and not everyone understood what I went through.

I'm here to offer support. Nice to meet you.
September 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Amy, I'm so glad that you stopped by. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your son - I can only imagine the trauma that caused. I also have had a long history of depression, and did not experience problems during pregnancy, weird how that works!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
September 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM
cakelady's Avatar :)
Isn't it weird? I was lost without my clinical depression! I almost didn't know what to do with myself. But, it felt good for the most part even though that is odd to me.
September 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Regular
Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine. I'm so glad that you guys came through it!! Nice to meet you!

Daniel Luke, 9-2-09.
September 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi, very nice to meet you!
sounds like you had quite an adventure with your sons arrival and first weeks of life.
it is amazing that you managed to cope so well and save his life. that is amazing!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search