I'll introduce myself

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 08:19 PM
mummy2angel&ray's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I can be a member of this board now and I wanted to introduce myself.

I have 2 daughters both born prematurely.
Angelynn was born Nov.12/07 by emergency c-sec at 24+5 and weighed only 1lb 8oz. She will be two next month and is pretty much caught up and doing very well.
Raylene was born Aug.25/09 also by emergency c-sec at 35 weeks weighing 5lb 4oz. She's now about 8lb and doing very well.

After DD1 I was diagnosed with PPD and put on some medication for about 9 months. It didn't work for me and I was on birth control and I think the two were counter effecting eachother so I self weaned.

In jan of this year my doctor diagnosed me with clinical depression and wanted to start me on some new meds but that day I found out I was pregnant so I chose to hold off until she was born.
I'm 6 weeks PP now and just started new anti-depressants. I have many symptoms, some of which have gotten worse so I decided it was time to see the doctor.
I hate feeling like i'm not in control of my body and I hate that I need to take medication but I want to feel better and live a better life so I hope it will help. The doctor said it typically takes 4-6 weeks for them to start working but I hope it works quicker for me. I also want to start being more physically active which I hope helps too.

Please if anyone has some good coping strategies or ways I can help myself I would love to hear them. I just want to be back to normal!

Thank you HeatherW97 for my siggy

365 days of photos http://stephybean.blog.ca/

October 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
mummy2angel&ray's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oops I already posted an introduction *blush*

Thank you HeatherW97 for my siggy

365 days of photos http://stephybean.blog.ca/

October 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome, I am glad you are getting help from your doctor. I found working out helped me alot. It helped me to relieve the stress and feel better about myself and my body. I gain alot of weight while pregnant. I did take the meds to help me cope in the beginning and that helped to get me going in the right direction. I suffer with depression on and off and definitely ppd after each pregnancy. I hope you start feeling better.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 21st, 2009, 10:59 PM
cakelady's Avatar :)
Hi, my son was born premature too. The ppd didn't hit me until he came home from the nicu, though.

I'm still going through ppd, but I can lend an ear if you need one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search