I am letting it win

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 05:09 PM
danniegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why am I going through this all again. I am starting to think Zoloft is not for me. i am back to the starting point. I am ready to admit defeat. I am trying things other than meds as working out. HEre is the main thing though. I found out that dpression runs in my family. My father commited suicide becuase of it. I dont want to end up like him. I am currently a single mother until dh gets back from his deployment plus working full time. I am tired and just have no energy anymore.

Today I ran 4 miles and when I got back to my unit i just cried becuase i cant run. I had to have three people calm me down. My meds arent working anymore. blah. they uped my dosage 3 months ago to 100mg so maybe it is time to start something new.

I am sorry I am rambling I seriously have no one to talk to about this. I cant tell anyone in my family nor my husband that i am afraid i am going to end up like my father.

February 25th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy

It may be a good idea to see if there are any other options. Have you considered going to a psychiatrist (if you aren't seeing one already)? I've been doing therapy through my psychiatrist's office and they are also the ones prescribing meds and monitoring them for me. I know that is can sometimest be difficult to get a referral, but it may be worth it to see someone more specialized in mental health for your treatment.

I hope you are able to find something that works! If you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Expecting baby #4!

February 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think if you havent been seeing a psychiatrist it may be very helpful to start. I dealt with PPD after DS#2 and suffered in silence for so long. When I began talking about it with family and friends and seeing a psychiatrist I started to really heal. Being with DH can be so hard, I felt like mine was never there, he was gone from morning to night everyday, and I think thats why it hit me so hard. It took me 16 months to really heal. Its a process, but talking and just having people understand will help IMO. If you need to vent you can message me, I'm not on here much during the week but I will certainly get back to you. I know how hard it is to deal with PPD in silence!

February 28th, 2010, 04:24 PM
danniegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also speaking iwth a counselor but it isnt working anymore. Maybe it is becuase I hve endoured so much since the start of this year. I guess my biggest concern is that I found out after my fathers suicide that depression runs in my damily. I just dont want to end up like him. I have another counseling session tomorrow and tuesday I have an appointment with my doctor to switch meds.

March 2nd, 2010, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm very sorry that your family had to go through that. Depression is such a difficult illness to deal with and I can understand how discouraging it is to see a close family member commit suicide because of it.

We were stationed at Ft Bragg for several years, including when my first DD was born. I remember hearing about a PPD group there that might be some really good support. Ask your doctor or counselour and they should be able to give you more information about it. It may help to go to some meetings and be able to talk about what you are are going through with other people who have been there or who are also going through the same thing.

Keep us updated on how your appointments go!

Expecting baby #4!

March 6th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine how hard that must be for you with your father and finding out it could be genetic. I agree with pp that maybe a support group would be helpful, I think it helps to just know you aren't alone. Talking about how you are feeling and your fears could be very helpful, even outside of counsling. PPD is so hard even by itself, please don't fight it alone! We are here for you and other groups might be available to you as well. You've already made such a huge step in admiting there is a problem there and trying to get help. Believe in yourself. We believe in you!

March 6th, 2010, 08:48 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I hope that things are getting better and that your counselor had some options that help. Maybe talking to your family could help. Sometimes but not always.
Big huge hugs to you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 7th, 2010, 10:00 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hon, i am so sorry you not feeling better.
i totally understand where you coming from. my mom commited suicide and i am always praying i dont go down that road.

i would def chat to your doc and also ask him to refer you to someone more qualified then your counsellor.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search