late signs?

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
ANGWife
Is it possible to show signs of PPD even as late as your child being a year old?
March 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I think PPD can go unnoticed for a while in some women. My DD was well over a year old when I started to notice mine and it wasn't until after my 2nd DD was born that I got to the point that I was ready to ask for help.
March 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yes I believe it can too.
I think I had it right after my son was born but I suffered in silence and I thought it would go away and it did get somewhat better.But then my husband deployed to Iraq last year and it came back.Or maybe it was never gone.I finally called my obgyn's office and am taking Lexapro.
Not many people know I am teaking anything.Especially not DH or his family.
Only my mom knows and a couple of close friends.

March 6th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't admit to my PPD for a long time and it got worse as the months passed. I started taking anti depressants a year after my DS#2 was born and started seeing a physciatrist around then too. It definately is something that doesn't have a time limit. If you are feeling like you might have PPD call your doctor and let them know. The sooner you get help the sooner you can start to heal!

March 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my doc only diagnosed me at a year after Kyla was born. if i look back the signs were all there but i didnt notice them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search