*Im getting better each day*

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
xposted in update

Updated... and i m improving sooo much lately so ive decided to wipe out this post, and would like all my writing to be as positive as possible.... on a new med for 3 weeks... celexa... its one ive been on a lot b4, and it seems to be doing a lot for me.. im also doing a meditation group, and on my own at home, and using POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS ... ive realized the more positive i feel, and think, the more it multiplies, also... if i go the negative path, it will unfortunately do the same thing. I am also in a PPD group with other moms.

I still am having some rough times with accepting some thoughts and feelings that are negative or what i find to be innappriate... but im learning not to obsess and worry over them as it draws more attn to them.

I KNOW that i am a good person , and a good mom, and thats what matters the most. I have learned A HUGE LESSON over this past year or two... and that is not to JUDGE MYSELF or OTHERS, as we do not know what ppl are going through, or about their lives... so respect or leave it be.. also ive learned to be GRATEFUL for all the good things we have in our life, and lastly to be POSITIVE!!!. Ty for all your support. <3 Ill still be posting here tho. so im not leaving hugs.

Last edited by HailandNevansmom; December 18th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
August 20th, 2010, 01:49 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know anxiety is terrible. I have had panic attacks and they are scary. I don't know if I can be much help but we are here to listen. I hope the dr. appointment goes well and they are able to help you. I wish I had more advice.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM
EllenCarroll's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Send a message via AIM to EllenCarroll Send a message via Yahoo to EllenCarroll
I wish I had some advice to give you! All I can give to you is I hope the doctor can help you and you start feeling like your old self again!!
August 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) I'm sorry you are hurting. I understand how you feel and it is hell. I hope you are able to find relief and if you do please pass it on to us
I wish I had advice but it seems like your doing everything you can to help yourself and thats something to be proud of. I only talk about my issues on here. I havent told any doctors or family or friends.

September 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Last edited by HailandNevansmom; December 18th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
October 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
i made an update thread u guys.. plz read it if you can

December 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
I feel sorry to hear that you experienced such situation. But the symptoms you stated might be signs that you experienced postpartum psychosis. Postpartum psychosis is a very rare illness that can arise after childbirth. The tragic consequences of postpartum depression (PPD) have recently raised the awareness of this common disorder, which affects 10 to 15 percent of new mothers. Although we often think that mothers should be only happy and excited when they have a baby, giving birth can also trigger many unwanted negative feelings and emotions. These feelings of sadness and anxiety can lead to a mild case of the "baby blues" or to a more serious disorder, such as postpartum depression or postpartum psychosis.

Last edited by abigaillewis11; December 22nd, 2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: corrected misspelled words
December 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
def not post partum psychosis .. ive seen professionals, and its a severe anxiety disorder that i have. post partum psychosis is a lot different than what i experienced... i was told i have severe anxiety, and had ppd with a touch of ocd symptoms... but im glad to say i feel better each day now

December 23rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
Its kind of interesting how your join date is December and you have one post... Before I would have allowed your post to really bother me, but I know now not to let it, as I know myself more than anyone does... but yah idk who you are and ive never seen you post before, so that caught me off guard. This was supposed to be a positive thread as im starting to feel better, and i wont allow myself to go back down that negative path that i once was. Again ty all for your support.

December 23rd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
shes not looking for a diagnosis... shes obviously on the PPD board because she knows she is depressed. and im sure she knows what it is.
SO glad you are feeling better jude, i am as well. it seriously felt like there was no hope at times. love yous

PLEASE PRAY & KEEP HOPE ALIVE FOR MY SON AUSTIN TO BEAT LEUKEMIA

December 24th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Aw thanks Melissa... im happy that you are feeling better also.. if you ever wanna talk you can fb me or msg me

March 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I had a rough couple weeks again... its weird how i go from one extreme to the next... the dr added seroquel to my anti depressant, and when i took it lastnight , it was like night and day.

March 30th, 2011, 06:58 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, Jude is it? I am Carrie, I have a 2.5 year old boy and a 5 month old girl.

I read through this thread and I dont know much about how you were doing in the summer so if you like you can start a new thread to say how you are doing these days. I am glad you have some new meds that seem to be helping

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

March 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Yes my nickname is JUDE lol... but my name is JULIA... lol thats crazy that you knew that!! haha everyone calls me Jude in my family and stuff haha.. aw ty so much for your reply... i had a bad dream in summer time ... about my son... and it upset me so much i started obsessing over it... and eventually it broadened out to everything and anything to do with thoughts that are intrusive, or that scare me that i dont want to be associated with him... and then obsessing over the thoughts, and dreams and what they mean and wahtnot, but has only made it a lot worse... but im doing pretty well now... because i know im a good mom, and person, i just have extreme anxiety revolved mostly around my son ( alm 2), and daughter sometimes ( 12 alm 13) and myself who i am. i kno ill get better over time though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search