Seriously Losing It

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM
This makes no sense, I feel like I am slowly losing my mind. We named our baby Matthew Curtis. The name Matt keeps ringing through my head and I hate it. I keep thinking that this has to do with more than the name of a baby. I feel like I am ready to walk out on my family, my children, my house everything. At this point, I would live in my car or on the street just to get away from it all and especially my thinking and thoughts running through my head. The name Matt keeps ringing through my head and I hate it. I just can’t shut my off my head.
November 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel, not with the specific obsession you are having, but the thoughts that will not STOP.

One example is When my lil man was a few weeks, i felt lymph nodes in the back of his head...while bf and i obsessed for MONTHS that it was cancer or something srs that only i could get checked out and if i didnt something horrible might happen to him. I could not shut off the thoughts either... for MONTHS... till he was well over a year old. Hes now 18 mo old, and I FINALLY accepted that he is healthy and well, and nothing bad will happen.. and that they are normal lymph nodes... I obsessed about all things to do with his health, and things that could have happened that would be MY FAULT.

You might really just not like the name you have chosen for him... have you seen a therapist or someone you can talk to about your thoughts, and obsessing? Ive recently joined a mothers wellness group and its amazing how much support there is there. Can u think of another name you think would better suit him? if you do, go with it, and change it now... i hope you do figure this out.

Last edited by HailandNevansmom; November 8th, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
November 12th, 2010, 08:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Can you take a trip to the mall, or a coffee shop and just get an hour to yourself. No baby crying, no hubby nagging? Sometimes that is helpful when you are feeling like that. Perhaps a nice walk in the cool fall air. A brisk walk helps me when I am feeling overwhelmed. Even the change in scenery. I am so sorry you are feeling this way.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search