It finally seems to be fading!

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well.
After my middle child was born I went through some serious PPD, leading to suicide attempts and a heroin addiction. Since then, I have had another child, 13 months ago. For the past 5 weeks I am finally, finally seeing some light!

I can't believe I am saying this but daily exercise and watching my portions is changing my entire outlook. I am still stuck thinking nothing but the worst, and am worried beyond belief about my family's financial situation, but I am finally learning that *I* can make myself look at things positively!

Anyway, if anyone every is feeling lost or hopeless, please PM me, I've been through a whole lot these past almost 3 years and after the amazing support I had on JM, I'd love to pay it forward!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooo happy for you!!! I hope it continues to fade for you, and get better. I know what its like to have a heroin addiction.. unfortunately.. but it was a lil over 10 yrs ago for me, and i wasnt going thru ppd... as far as i can remember. Im so proud of u you have pulled through that one.

I feel like some things are fading for me also with Nevan, but I ve also had a history of depression and anxiety, and it seems like it might be sometime for me.. but its so nice to hear a story like yours.

November 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the support! It's been a really hard past almost 3 years, especially adding two (more) little ones to the house, but the "bad" days are fewer and farther in between.

I write a lot on my blog which helps me to not dwell on things (BIG BIG problem I have) The addiction really kicked my butt though I didn't use for long compared to many, many addicts. It is still nice to see someone who has been there and got through it for so long! I still get cravings every time I see a show like intervention or what not, but I have no desire to ever live like that again, so it helps keep me strong!

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is so great that you are getting through it in a healthy way. I know exercise always helps me out of my depressions, ppd included. It is so generous of you to offer to help. Perhaps you could host this board . I know they need one. I have heard blogging can be a big help to just get stuff off your chest. Did you journal as a young girl? Do you find it helps you not stress, or does it just help you work things out more? Just curious. Thank you for sharing your story it helps us all.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would love to offer to host/cohost, maybe I will when I have more free time, I barely make it to the board I do co-host everyday. It was so much easier when I had one to co-host a few boards at a time

As far as journaling, I did write a lot when I was younger. I actually came across an old notebook filled with writings and random little doodles. And I think I may have always had a history of depression after reading it, or I have always been such a pessimist. (I've always tended to only write about the bad stuff, never anything positive..)

November 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I had that happen a couple years ago. I found an old journal from when I was a teenager and I was surprised by what I read. Yeah co hosting is easier when you have a co host. I host two boards by myself. I love it but just don't have the time for a third board atm.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 14th, 2010, 11:54 AM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive also noticed i m actually having some good days, rather than "bad" everyday, and also have a very big issue with dwelling on things, like thoughts, fears, past mistakes etc. maybe i ll try to write a journal too everyday, and write one thing each day im grateful and thankful for that is positive... sounds like a great idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search