New in town...Don't know what to do

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM
novemberlily's Avatar The Lowrider
I moved across the country when my daughter was 6 months old, she's a year old now.
I was seeing a doctor before I moved, who was trying to assess if I was experiencing PPD or something else. (I have bi-polar disorder). The doctor couldn't tell which was which, and neither could I.

Well we had to move for my DH's work. I have been completely untreated, and I know that it is becoming unbearable for my whole family to deal with me. I still can't tell if it's one or the other or if it's even possible to be both. Because of the bpd, I can't take the normal medications they offer for PPD, and it will probably just make the whole situation worse. It's a pretty delicate situation, I feel pretty lost and alone. I live in one of the biggest cities in the country, and there were all sorts of support groups for people with bpd and public health programs, but now I'm in a really rural area. Plus I'm new and have no idea how the system works here.

Either way, there is no real public health office here, and there are no doctors taking new patients...so I don't know where to turn to. Should I go to the hopsitals psych ward? They might have an outpatient program (some hospitals do this), but I'm worried that going there, due to my history, they would just keep me there.

I have been aware that I need help for some time now, and I know I'm new to this board, so I guess that makes me feel a little better in posting this here.

ANYWAYS I just don't know what to do really, it was so simple when I knew where the doctors office was and had psychologists and therapists I spent years building trust with....now I have to go through that all over again! It's scary!
November 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Can you call your old dr and ask for a referral to someone in your new area? I am not sure if that will work, or see if he can suggest a way for you to find help. I don't think they would leave you without something. Also you might want to see if any of the nearby towns have support groups or dr's that might help. I wish I could offer more advice. I am sorry I just saw this. I hope you have found a solution by now or find one soon.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Jess... see if your old dr can refer u and if not, just get a dr that is taking new patients and have him refer you... i know it must be scary to start with a new therapist, but it will come in time. Im thinking of u, and keep us updated.

November 30th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. I know what you are going through... I am here if you need to talk to someone. I have and am going through it with you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search