Kinda lost in my own mind

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Some days I feel like I am doing great and my meds are helping me feel even emotioned(figured that wasn't a word but its the only one I can come up with). Then there are other days where I feel off my rocker. About 2 months ago I went to Walmart with Megan and walked in and just felt dizzy overwhelmed and about ready to faint. I had to call DH and have him pick us up because I didn't feel safe to drive. Well today I went with SIL to the craft store and instantly felt overwhelmed. There were so many people they were very pushy and I just felt like I was running into everything. It was the strangest feeling and not a good one. Since losing my job at the beginning of the month I have started quilting and selling my blankets. The last few days it has been hard to even concentrate on them or even care enough to finish one. Sorry I just really needed to vent about it. I feel even worse because I co-host Moms of Infants and TP and feel like I have been slacking on them. I don't want to step down but sometimes my drive for it is lost.

March 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you are having panic attacks. Does your doc know about them? I understand losing your drive to do things. I think it is probably best to hold on to these things as long as you can though. I don't know about you but I tend to isolate myself when I get depressed which just makes it worse.

Thanks MamaLacey for the awesome PR siggie

March 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Happy Mommy
I was going to say panic attacks as well.

I hope you can talk t your provider about this
March 21st, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks ladies! Unfortunately I don't have ins right now but my OB did call and I asked him about uping my dosage of Zoloft. I'm just afraid of taking 100mg.

March 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Happy Mommy
how many mg are you on now? can you slowly work up to that?
March 22nd, 2011, 05:09 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies. And dont worry too much about the boards. Do you have a co host on TP? Just try to meet your posting requirements as much as you can and I can post more new threads on infants to help Emma keep up hun

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

March 22nd, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm on 50mg currently I thought about taking 1 and a half pills to work up to a full 2 pills I'm just really scared about it.

March 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlycay View Post
I'm on 50mg currently I thought about taking 1 and a half pills to work up to a full 2 pills I'm just really scared about it.
if it's a pill pill I would probably do that, but if it's capsule obviously you can't do that...

I'd be worried about side afffects with that big of a jump
March 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah it is just a pill pill but I remember how shakey and out of touch feeling I was just going to 50 I can't imagine 100.

March 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
try increasing it slower then. I am on different meds I guess and a small dose. Good luck

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

March 24th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
When I was on Zoloft, it was bumped up by half pills. Have you been on any other meds? It does sound like you are having panic problems, and sometimes a different anti-depressant can work differently on you and help ease some of those problems. I switched to Prozac (and it's a $4 prescription) when I had PPD and it helped a lot more.

I would also recommend you go to the library and see if they have the Anxiety and Phobia workbook (here at Amazon: Amazon.com: The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) (9781572248915): Edmund J. Bourne: Books) and/or the Beyond Anxiety and Phobia book (Amazon.com: Beyond Anxiety and Phobia: A Step-by-Step Guide to Lifetime Recovery (9781572242296): Edmund J. Bourne: Books). If you want to buy them but can only afford one, I would recommend the workbook first.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you Joanna for that information!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search