Worried

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
I dont come to this board very often but I remember posting here when I first had my son.

Little about my PPD...It was totally a surprise for me to get it. I thought I had the baby blues but once I started to think real stupid (like regretting having him, wanting my life back) I knew there was a real big problem. I unfortunately did not stick with the medication my doctor gave me (Paxil btw) but instead medicated myself with other medication (pain med to be exact). That was very stupid on my part but I got through it and have been any med free for 7 1/2 months now.

Anyway, Im expecting my 2nd child in September and am real worried about developing PPD again. My new OB said theres only a 10% chance of redeveloping it again, but I have doubts. Sometimes I get anxious about having the baby and dread going through the dark days I went through. It was so bad.

Have any of you mama's redeveloped PPD with a subsequent child? If so or if you still had it with another child, did you start meds right after having the baby? Is the statistic my OB said true or do you think its very underinflated?
April 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your second pregnancy.

I am actually reconsidering having a 3rd because I am worried about going through this again. I dont know any statistics or anything. But my personal feeling is that there may be a higher chance than just 10% of having it again.

I know of people that had is with a subsequent pregnancy and were on meds at the end of pregnancy. and I know others that were fine the second time around. It is good that your OB is aware and knows to look for it.

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search