reality check

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 06:43 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there anything that makes you stop and wonder why you are having these issues? If your life is in general really good, why you are depressed? Or if you have been dealt a **** hand why the hits keep coming?

I know this girl. She is 17, was living with her BF out of town, got pregnant on BC and got kicked out when she told him. Seems to be the best thing to happen he was physically abusive.

Anyway she moved home and got rent help and food help and lives alone at 17 with her baby. Her parents live close by but her mom has cancer and their relationship is strained. We have been friends with her parents for years.

Anyway she has a 4m old and I a 6.5 month old and I am in her town every tuesday for my PPD group. So we went shopping and I was going to drop her off go to group, pick her up and bring her to my house.

I felt that she was doing great, the baby was healthy and happy, she seemed great and I wondered what was wrong with me. I am better off in a lot of respects and am having issues.

As we got to talking I find she is having a hard time. She is lonely, cant handle him crying and is beat all the time. Turns out she has a home visiting nurse like I do and was being referred to the same ppd group.

Instead of dropping her off I took her to group with me and she is going to join for some support and learn about going on meds. I also offered to take her baby over night on the weekends when my husband takes my DS to his parents cottage.

Goes to show that people can seem totally together on the outside while crying on the inside. I am 11 years older than this girl and I want to help her

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

May 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Is there anything that makes you stop and wonder why you are having these issues? If your life is in general really good, why you are depressed? Or if you have been dealt a **** hand why the hits keep coming?
for me it's all a chemical/hormonal change after the birth, nothing to do with situation or anything like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search