Trying to tell myself everything will get better

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Hello Mommies,

Let me start by introducing myself, My name is Jen. I have a beautiful 3.5 month old baby girl. I am having an extremely hard time at the moment. I have always suffereed from anxiety and panic attacks for years and was on medication and when I found out pregnanttook 1 pill a Week, basically nothing. All of a sudden 3.5 months after the birth I am constantly thinking about death, just questions that are going on in my head, is there a heaven, what will my daughter do if something happens to me, why do people have to die etc, I have never been that religious and as a kid growing up never went to church. I feel terrible and wish these thoughts would go away and due to the thoughts I have constant anxiety throughout my whole body. I am going to see a psychologist tomorrow and talk to her, hopefully will help, I suppose this is ppd, right? So tired, emotionally, loss of appetite and feel out ofmy own body in a way. Right now I am taking 25mg of Zoloft however doesnt seem to be workingthat well, not sure if should up it to 50mg, and am breast feeding so it scares me, but seems not to affect her. If anyone can help and let me know your experiences and how you coped or got over it , it would be greatly appreciated. I hate this feeling and just want it to go away and not cry anymore. Thank you
July 6th, 2011, 06:22 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when Hop ewas 4 months old that was the peak of my depression. I didnt suffer from anxiety but I had lots of frusturation and anger. My intrusive thoughts were about not loving her and her being better off without me and such.

I wasnt on zoloft but one of the other girls is and she upped it to 50mg and started feeling noticably better. I am not sure if she is BFing.

Let us know how the appointment goes

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

August 5th, 2011, 06:01 AM
im so sorry to hear you are struggling

i have panic attacks and am zoloft -- i have not had good results from it.

as far as your thoughts ... i know it is hard ... deep breathes. i always say everything happens for a reason but i see how when you have a baby those big questions about existence boil up to the top of your mind

another thought ... have you tried a fish oil supplement ... i have heard they help

take it at night before bed so you don't have fish burps all day long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search