What is wrong with me?

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not sure if this is PPD or not, but something is "not right" with me.

I have always been a very anxious person. I worry alot and always have. My pregnancy was fine, and I never experienced anything out of the ordinary. A little bit of anxiety is normal for me.

Well, its been 6 months since I've had my son. A few days after his birth, I got really depressed. I think they call it the "baby blues" Well that was bad for a few weeks, and then seemed to get better. I got much, much better, but am still not the way I was before.

I obsess over everything! I worry about every tiny little thing. If the baby is crying then he is going to be a depressed adult. If the baby bumps his head then he is going to have brain damage. If the baby eats the grocery cart then he is going to catch aids. If I leave him for more than a few hours he will be miserable and messed up because I left him. If I don't keep him on a schedule, he will get stressed out and it will cause him some sort of damage.....Do you see where I am going here? LOL.

Not only do I obsess and worry about the baby, I do this with EVERYTHING. I bought a wristlet and obsessed for hours because it didn't have a zipper!!!!

Something is seriously wrong with me. I was not like this before....I am not depressed, I am not sad. I do not cry. Actually I have very little emotion.

I am very angry towards my husband. I am mean. I yell more. I don't like it

However, I am breastfeeding and I do not want to take meds. Clearly that will make me worry even more. I just don't know what to do at this point....

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
December 6th, 2012, 02:17 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
First off, hi! Your son is BEAUTIFUL!

Nothing is "wrong" with you, but you may (or may not) have a mild version of PPD. A friend of mine who is a FTM had anxiety issues before pregnancy too and things worsened after her son was born. She worried about every little thing.. "when will he roll, when will he sit, when will he crawl, he's not doing any of them on time and it's all my fault" sort of thing.

I would suggest talking with your GP and discussing how you're feeling and seeing what other tricks or things you can do to help get back to your "normal" self meds are not a necessity, but some people find that they help them. Everyone is different

I have PPD and tried to fight it myself but found myself going backwards, so I tried anti depressants. They work for me, and that's fine

I hope I've helped in some way, but sorry if I haven't!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

January 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Ashley, it will likely cost a bit, but seeing a reputable acupuncturist for anxiety has been shown in many cases to help a lot. They can also suggest specific herbs to help in your situation. Please know that changes in hormones & lifestyle affect many Moms, so you're not alone. I'm currently battling bad PPD & can empathize.
January 5th, 2013, 12:58 AM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
Hi Ashley!!! Hang in there. I am the same way, was anxious pre-pregnancy and once my daughter was born in June it has added to the stress a lot. I LOVE my daughter with everything in me, and I have trouble at times feeling like I'm this awful mom b/c she stresses me out at times, but I have had to (try to) learn that b/c I'm a FTM everything is gonna seem scary and I'm GOING to make mistakes from time to time, but I'm learning as well I hope you can get a hold of a good Dr who will help you get on some natural supplements or something that will help you out If you need to talk message me... I'm here for you sweetie, you are not alone *hugs*

March 21st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I stress a lot about my newborn, but in different ways. Always checking on her, feeling like I need to give her kisses multiple times a day when she's sleeping, afraid to leave her even with grandma, and always fearing the worst situations. My relationship with my husband has gotten so bad lately. I'm mad at him constantly and have a huge amount of anger towards him. Time for me to see a dr. Have I talked to your dr?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search