We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I have been wanting to go to formula for a while now, but I'm also suffering from PPD and am on Zoloft. DH wants me to hold off making a decision until Anna is 6 weeks old, so that we give it time for the meds to kick in and see if that makes me feel differently about things. I've been on the meds for over a week now, but was told that it could take 10 days for them to kick in. I've agreed to hold off, but I really, really want to stop BF and go to the bottle. I know it's less convenient, and it scares me a bit.....I mean, what if I go to formula feeding and still feel anxious and awful like I do now? My chest gets so tight some times and I feel nauseous at times because I'm so wound up. The stupid part is that there's NOTHING to be wound up about. Anna's feeding just fine, my supply is fine......I just don't FEEL fine and think I'll be happier giving her a set amount in a bottle each time (so I can SEE how much she is getting).
DH is dead set against going to the bottle b/c of the COST, but last night he said he'd support me whatever I chose to do, but he thinks it's illogical - my reasonings for wanting to quit BF. I just don't enjoy it, and I think on formula (Good Start) she'll have less gas issues.