ppd?

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
megan
Hello, I thought I'd come by here and ask what you guys thought and possibly go from there. I am a mother of 3 (4 year old son, 15 month old daughter, and a 2 1/2 week old son).
Since the birth of my daughter I've had hightened anxiety, I haven't ever went to a doctor about it. But sometimes it gets really bad, I see me getting into car accidents (i can even imagin details like the smells and such), and worry about my kids getting hit in the street when we are outside and there is no one on the neighborhood road, or the shopping cart tipping over when my hubby is playing with the kids in the store.

Well now on top of that, and since about mid pregnancy, I've become really loud and yell at my 4 year old son for simple things. I've gotten really hard on him and sometimes treat him as if he is older than for and expect too much from him. Since the birth of my 2 week old. I've gotten distant from my husband at times, I don't feel like kissing him or even showing much emotion towards him, little things that he does (or doesn't do) ticks me off to no end. I've been EXTREAMLY tired and just exhausted. I have started dreading just having to wake up feeding my son, and sometimes feel I'd be much better off to just not go to sleep. I catch my self getting really upset that my 2 week old is so clingy. And that my daughter is throwing fits and not listening.

To top things off not only did i just have my son 2 weeks ago. But here is what happened. Friday (the day my son was born). We went to the hospital to pick up my OB file because we were moving on Monday from VA to GA. I was admitted when i stopped by Triage because of a bit of a leak, later found out i had a high break in my bag of waters. My son was born that evening, so of course i was in the hospital all weekend. my parents came down to help my hubby with packing the moving truck and with the kids. Monday and tuesday we finalized paperwork and such (military) and got on the road. Thursday we checked into housing down in GA and unpacked the house.

Ever Since the Saturday after my son was born I've felt alone and have distanced myself. I feel like i just can't handle it all, i get angry really fast and have constant headaches.

I have a really hard time talking to doctors and stuff so i'm not sure really what to do
March 11th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
hi ... its me Lisa peeking in from the Mood Disorders board where you can click on my siggy and visit ANYtime you want

I can relate also to a lot of what you wrote including the leak in your membranes and having the baby born unexpectedly only I was hospitalised on complete bed rest for five weeks cause mine burst at 6 months pregnant .... but that's another story.

What you're describing could very well be ppd ... YOU are already noticing for yourself the irritability towards certain persons and the way you feel and dont feel about certain things ..... that's an excellent sign even though it feels like crap right now .... but think of it .. .you have the advantage of going to your doctor and being able to explain SOMETHING to him .... print this thread if you need to and just give him/her to read it ... its pretty self explanatory to how you're feeling some of the time and what you're worried about.

just know you're not alone k?

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search