Im embarrased to be posting here

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Paganmommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Paganmommie Send a message via Yahoo to Paganmommie
i used to laugh when i was at the book store at Brooke Sheilds book "down came the rain" hahahah i siad, get over it, how can you possibly be sad when you have a baby.

and....

here i am screaming at my 3 month old daughter for wanting basic needs, i dont know why, i love her so much, why am i yelling at her sometimes and it comes out of nowhere. Last night i called my parents and told them im coming back to florida from california to live with them agian, becouse i cant stand him anymore(trust me the guy is awesome dad, so good, im a stay at home mom). I was screaming and yelling and throwing fists and looking up plane tickets. Thenn my mom said something "it sounds like you have a little PPD" and i think she is right.

my finace and I talked about it last night and both thought it was the right thing to do and go to a doctor. The thing is i dont want to take any anti-depressents, im not down in the dumps, i dont wnat to hurt my daughter. I just want to feel calm agian and sleep well. So im gonna ask him for sleeping pills to start with and a consuler i can speak with. I will not take anti-depressents, they gave me that when i was a teen and never agian.

i never thought i would be posting on this board. I cannot believe this, i even feellike i dont even wanna go to the doctor and maybe it will go away on its own.

June 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Hiya!! thought I would see how you were doing. I read this post a few weeks ago but I to still can't believe that I'm wanting to give my daughter away and never looking back.......That I truely think she HATES me. It hurts badly to think that I'm so unhappy when I have such a wonderful little gift to smile at me all the time. I don't think it will go away on it's own tho......I'm just waiting to get into see my Dr. I suggest you do that same thing! When it comes to Depression it really is a big bad thing.....and should be taken care of medically. Heck I used to get depressed when I was in high School I would fall into deep depressions for about a week or so........And I always relied on my Sprituallity to pull me out......But that's not working with this depression....it's a totally different feeling and thinking. It's beyond my faith's control. So I guess what I'm saying is for you and your baby's sake go to the Dr....don't be afraid to admit you need the help Because of the hormone changes. It's Natural.

June 24th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
i used to laugh when i was at the book store at Brooke Sheilds book "down came the rain" hahahah i siad, get over it, how can you possibly be sad when you have a baby.

and....

here i am screaming at my 3 month old daughter for wanting basic needs, i dont know why, i love her so much, why am i yelling at her sometimes and it comes out of nowhere. Last night i called my parents and told them im coming back to florida from california to live with them agian, becouse i cant stand him anymore(trust me the guy is awesome dad, so good, im a stay at home mom). I was screaming and yelling and throwing fists and looking up plane tickets. Thenn my mom said something "it sounds like you have a little PPD" and i think she is right.

my finace and I talked about it last night and both thought it was the right thing to do and go to a doctor. The thing is i dont want to take any anti-depressents, im not down in the dumps, i dont wnat to hurt my daughter. I just want to feel calm agian and sleep well. So im gonna ask him for sleeping pills to start with and a consuler i can speak with. I will not take anti-depressents, they gave me that when i was a teen and never agian.

i never thought i would be posting on this board. I cannot believe this, i even feellike i dont even wanna go to the doctor and maybe it will go away on its own.[/b]
there's absolutely no reason to feel ashamed though I perfectly understand ... I was devastated when I realised I had it too

but ... you know you might have it ... you know its a lot to handle for yourself ... do just at least try and see a doctor about it and consider meds if he/she thinks it may be necessary k? its really not something that's easy to work out and live with on your own even though I know some people manage to do it.

I'm sorry I took so long to reply ... my own moods have been up and down lately ... I don't have PPD but I am bipolar hence my mood changes ... I'm here now though ... welcome

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
June 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
I swore up and down that I would never take anti depressants again. Halfway through my pregnancy, I started getting very down in the dumps and fear set in that I would have PPD. I started on zoloft at that point to avoid having any PPD symptoms, and I have to tell you being a mother has been the most amazing thing. I don't know if the zoloft made that possible or not but it's a distinct possibility. When you go see a Dr. just try to be open minded about what they say. PPD can really take away the joy of being a mom, and that joy is what keeps me going every day. I hope you get it all worked out and you feel better soon.

July 3rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
angeleyz's Avatar Veteran
If you aren't willing to take antidepressants, perhaps you could consider Evening Primrose Oil (comes in a gel capsule). It did WONDERS for me when I had PPD and I swear up and down by it now. Its even safe to take if you're nursing. Take at least one capsule with every meal. Start at one and if you need two then go up to two. A very good friend of mine told me about this and I can not thank her enough. It truly saved my sanity. Like Lisa, I am also bipolar so that was part of my problem, but I didn't know it yet. I'm on Wellbutrin now for my depression and Abilify for my mania and it too has done wonders. So I no longer take the EPO but I took it for a while until I felt I was getting over the PPD then I took it intermittently anytime I would start feeling down in the dumps or constantly frustrated and angry, like you have been feeling.

Of course, talk to your Dr. first but it would be something to mention and to perhaps try. Best of luck to you hun

Dade: 7
Alora & Kylie: 5
Jada: 3

</div><div align="center"><div align='center'>My Personal Blog</div><div align="center">
</div></div>
September 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't be embarrassed. You are so not the only one. You're not alone. That's why the rest of us are here too!
September 14th, 2007, 12:07 AM
mummy0507
hope ur feeling better... so you can enjoy the beautiful baby u have... take care and i hope everythings working out 4 u.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search