My story

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Squirtsmama
I grew up being raised by my oldest sister. Mom was always out somewhere and dad was a druggie (my first smell of mary jane was from his room). I didnt get along to great with anyone the only person I trusted and loved truly was my grandpa. My sisters had times when they loved me but then for no reason they would beat me up or tease me(no i dont hold it against them) But me being sick took a toll on my family we were in debt up to our ears and I always wished my mom would of gotten rid of me before I was born. When I hit 12 I got into drugs and alcohol and acted very sexually toward the opposite sex. One day I was at a friends house and we went to is friends house down the street the guy Tony and I got along fine I decided to stay at his house (at this time I was 16) well needless to say I was ok with having sex but than since he didnt have anything I said no but of course that didnt stop him. Afer that I became more depressed even though I deserved it. It was also around that time my favorite uncle died so I just wanted to die. I cut myself and burnt myself ALL the time of course with all the scars my parents never noticed I kept getting heavier and heavier into alcohol and drugs I even tried to OD but I didnt I kept telling myself I couldnt leave my g-pa and my kitty (i know how corny) Than I met what I thought was my one true love I was 19 he was 29 he was so great to me at first. Than came a pg scare and he asked me to marry him after I said no tihngs went downhill. He would try to make me have sex with other couples or his friends. I knew it was wrong how he was treating me but I was addicted he was like my cocaine addiction only worse I could give up the coke not him. He would rape me time after time and I still stayed I always believed it happened to me twice for a reason I was a horrible person bringing a burden on my family and friends. He kept breaking up with me than wanting me back and I always went. Finally in 2003 after Valentines Day I never went back I met dh (online) in october a few weeks before the 27th the day my ex and i got together for the first time. Before dh I had 5 sexual partners that was my way of owning myself. Now that I have a beautifuls on I should be happy well Im not at first I was but now I cant hardly stand either one at times. I feel the worst about getting angry with Connor. There are times I want to leave dh and go back with my ex I cant explain why I would ever want to put myself through that again but I do. I know dh and ds would be better with me but still I stay. I need that magickal take away all my pain pill. I guess its hard for me to be happy because my g-pa passed away 5 days before ds was born I sometimes wish I would of died with him. I dont think I will ever be normal again heck I dont believe I ever was.
November 17th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Shannoni71073
(((HUGS)))

Have you talked to a doctor about any of this? I hate to see you so unhappy like this. Maybe a doctor could help??

As we have discussed, I am right around the corner from you. Let me know if you ever want to get together to talk!
November 17th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Squirtsmama
I did go to a pyschotherapist but than my insurance wouldnt pay so I havent been in a couple years. My doc upped my dose of anti depressants (she doubled them) so lets hope they work
November 18th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Shannoni71073
Good luck to you! (((HUGS)))

Please check in on Monday and let us know how you're doing!!!
November 18th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
It looks like
November 18th, 2004, 06:40 AM
zonapellucida
Wow, from what you describe I can list your axis'! Is this your first try on antidepressants? It may take several before you find one that works. As for wanting to go back to your ex--that is your low self esteem--you feel you don't deserve happiness and MAYBE you could be happy with DH.

HUGS to you and hang in there. It takes a while for the medication to kick in.
November 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Squirtsmama
Oh no Ive been on Celexa after a year it quit working and zoloft but i was sleeping through Connors crying at night. Im also on amitriptyline which is for depression and anti-migraine (weird combo I know) I kinda feel better today thanks for the hugs though appreciated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search