Suvivor of PPD

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Veteran
I started lurking this forum and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kira, I am 22 and have been happily married to my husband Paul (29) for three years. Our first son was born on Nov 19 2004 his name is Skyler, when skyler was born I was only able to take less than a month off of work and I went back to 40 hours for four months before PPD hit hard and I lost my job. Skyler was a medicaid baby and unfortunately that means I lost my health coverage when he was two months, my PPD didn't hit full blown until he was 5 months old and there wasn't any programs to help mother's w/o insurance cope. I struggled through severe PPD (it might have been classified PPP if I had been able to speak with a doctor) without meds or counseling. I survived! A huge part of that was my dh stepping in and helping. We just had our second son in Feb, his name is Bridger, went spent the first two weeks of his life in the hospital and I was hoping that meant I wasn't going to have to deal with any PPD this time around. So far I have survived a visit with the mil for hell, so I am doing good.

I should add that my PPD with Skyler triggered a relaspe of an eating disorder I had in high school. I am just starting to get help for it now, and I hope the stress of dealing with it doesn't trigger something else.

I think I will pop in this board and a few of the other mood disorder boards.

*Hugs around*

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search