What did your dr

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2004, 05:07 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
tell you about PPD?

November 30th, 2004, 05:09 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My midwife had a talk with me after I had my son, before I left the hospital. Telling me that it was ok to feel overwhelmed and tired. But if it got to be too much, like I was crying all the time or getting mad/upset over things that were little then to call her even if it might be nothing. She also talked to DH and gave him her number (well the office's number) incase he saw something that and I didnt want to call.

November 30th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Shannoni71073
Almost every nurse I had while still in the hospital told me about it. They said that it was normal to have the baby blues, but it was not normal to have them last more than 2 weeks. The hospital I deliver with has this program for first time mothers where they said someone from the health department to your house a few days after baby is born. She checks both you and the baby and answers any questions you have. Anyway, she talked about PPD as well and gave me some information to read. She strongly suggested that my SO read it as well so that he would no what to watch for.
November 30th, 2004, 09:43 AM
ranidae
Well my first OB didnt tell me anything other than I might be "blue" or "sad" after the delivery but it was normal so dont worry about it (three years later I finally got help)
My second delivery with the twins all the OB really said was with my history of PPD I would most likely get hit hard again if not harder and to go back on the antidepressants right away,

No real literature on it, no real info on it just told you had it before, you will have it again. My local OB (at the Naval Hospital) told Jon more about it, and signs to watch for.
November 30th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Texas Mom
OB never said anything with my first, but caught it on my 1st GYN appt after.

2nd one, he said he wanted to ensure if I had any blues, depression, etc to call him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search