Had a breakdown lastnight

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2004, 01:48 PM
Squirtsmama
For some reason I was remembering when my grandpa died. At around 4am my mom came to my house knocked lightly I didnt hear her something in me just said "Helen you need to go downstairs" and than when I went down I heard her knock again. When she told me I just said ok and she left and I went to bed. I finally broke a couple days later. Well I started remembering him lastnight after he had his stroke and he was confused all the time and kept asking for his daughter who died last year( no one told him because he was so bad) and than I remembered the good times and I lost it. I layed in bed sobbing and I couldnt breath I just wanted the earth to open up and swallow me. Today dh has commented how I seem "weird and distant" shouldnt I be over this by now?
December 2nd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
No. My grandfather dies last year and I am still not entirely over it. I don't think that I ever will be 100% over the loss of both of my grandfathers. However, it does get easier. The Holiday's always make it hard. Hang in there sweetie.
December 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
I Heart 4x4
((hugs))
December 2nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

December 2nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
TheGeneralsGal
((hugs))

If you need to chat I can lend an ear. Everything you are going through with your grieving process is normal.

((hugs))
December 2nd, 2004, 05:24 PM
MommyXin2005
Of course you shouldn't expect yourself to be "over it".

My dad died in 1985 and I'm still not "over it", I've cried about it several times since I got preg...

I think that grieving is something that can last a lifetime if the person was someone that truely had an impact on you...

Treat yourself to some cookies and feel better
December 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Shannoni71073
I am so sorry Helen. I did not see your post until just now!!

I think that it is completely normal to still have the feelings you are having. People grieve in different ways, kwim? There will probably always be things that remind you of him and might bring a tear to your eyes.

(((HUGS)))
December 9th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Squirtsmama
I think its getting harder because of the holidays (hmmm maybe I will skip xmas) and sometimes I cant stand to look at Connor because he is a spitting image of my grandpa I feel horrible but right now its still hard kwim? Im not saying I dont love my son more than anything its just hard right now.
December 10th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Shannoni71073
(((HUGS))) Just take one day at time, that's all you can do.
January 3rd, 2005, 11:31 PM
JenniBMomof3's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to JenniBMomof3 Send a message via MSN to JenniBMomof3
Hugs! One step at a time, one day at a time. I hope you start feeling better real soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search