help me guys

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Regular
how long am i going to feel this way??i am so sad inside..medsw make me feel numb...i dont like it...i want it to stop
October 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Its hard to know dearest. I'm still pretty new to it too. But we are all here for you. Hang in there!
October 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Regular
Quote:
Its hard to know dearest. I'm still pretty new to it too. But we are all here for you. Hang in there![/b]

i have been on wellbutrin now for like eleven days and i still feel like i am riding a roller coaster of ups and downs...and it is awful and scary and tiring...i am so tired of crying...just too many emotions...my heart feels so heavy...and the anxiety is ugly too...and the pills for that make me so tired...i just need someone else to talk to who is going through the same thing...i feel so alone sometimes and that is when i am around others...if someone wants to talk to me i will give them my number i dont know if that is allowed here but i just cannot find a support group here where i live ...my heart is just breaking...my baby is so beautiful and i have two other kids a ten year old and a three year old and all of them are girls...i love them so much but i feel like a bad mom i just dont wanna do dishes i dont wanna cook we eat alot of sandwiches and ravioli... and i just cry...and i feel so helpless sometimes...and i dont have any friends.....my husband is great but not enuf..gotta go i am crying again...
October 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I'm so sorry your feeling this way. It's horriable I know. But there is hope!! I promise!! Did you just start the meds 11 days ago? if so it may take up to 6 weeks for it to work. Just keep doing what you can to push the negative thoughts out of your head. As far as being a bad mom......I'm sure your not. It's just right now you are stuck in a tunnel and can't see the way out......Keep fighting and you will see it. Take some time for yourself. Have hubby take over the kitchen/kid duties for a couple hours and go take a walk or a long bubble bath. You gotta catch your breath before you can do anything else.

If after 6 weeks your meds aren't working then let your Dr know....maybe Wellbuterin isn't for you. There are a million other choices out there....you just gotta keep fighting until you find what works for you.

Where do you live? Maybe I can find a suppot group close to you.

Just remember....take long deep breaths and remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel you just gotta keep going until you see it.

October 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Regular
everyone has told me two weeks i just dont know how i will deal with six weeksw like this...i wish it would just stop
October 10th, 2007, 02:37 PM
hey dear, I know that this is very hard. I have been dealing with this for 16 mths now. I someto=imes feel like this is my life. But you have to realize this is an illness that is treatable. If you want to email me my email is michelle76@cheerful.com. I have been through all of the ppd ocd anxiety and panic. I am suprised I did not get the pychosis. I am here for you and if you want to email me we can exchange numbers there. I do not think you want the whole wourld having your number. I have decided to try another med. I thought that I could do this on my own. But I realized i cannot overcome this. There is also a really good book called this isnt what I expected by kared kleinman. It has helped me alot. I live in pittsburgh and there are no support groups here either. Were are you? I have found a few other online support groups this one is great and there is www.ppdsupportpage.com and www.postpartumstress.com. I hope that I helped.
October 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Regular
Hi,

My name is Afton and I am a Physician Assistant student and psychology minor. I have been researching postpartum depression for a class paper because I am at high risk of developing it when I have children. I was hoping to get some first-hand knowledge and experiences to help me have a better insight into this disorder. If there was one thing that you could tell me as a possible sufferer and as a future health care professional what would it be?

Thanks for your help!!
October 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Regular
i made an appt with a psychiatrist for monday so i can see if what my ob is doing for me is the best route...do you think that is a good idea?
October 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been on zoloft for almost 2 months and I still have my ups and downs. Especially when I forget to take the darn stuff!!! I saw a change in a week. Maybe 2. It just varies...
October 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Quote:
i made an appt with a psychiatrist for monday so i can see if what my ob is doing for me is the best route...do you think that is a good idea?[/b]

I think it's a great idea. That way you have the Psychiatrist to help support you as well as your Dr. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search