I think I have PPD

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
kayzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kayzie Send a message via Yahoo to kayzie
Hi, my name is Khadra. I have just had baby number 4 ten days ago. I am a long time sufferer of anxiety/ocd and depression. Started in childhood. I dont know how fast ppd can set in as I dont think I have ever experienced it so quickly, but I know my thought patterns with depression and I am positive I am experiencing more than what they describe as baby blues. I went off of my Wellbutrin Zoloft combo as soon as I got pregnant and I guess I am in need of them again. I have spent all day crying. and all day the past week or so fighting off tears. I love my baby but I feel a bit detached from him, like bonding is taking longer than it should. I have no appetite. I just feel so awful. I hope you dont mind me joining you guys even though I dont yet have an official diagnosis.
October 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I hope that you feel well again soon. I have had the anxiety ocd and everything else now for over a year, did you have any other issues with your other children. i have to suffered a little anxiety in the past but nothing like this. My husband wants to have another child and I am just scared of dealing with this again. i am not having any luck with the prozac.
October 25th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Quote:
I hope that you feel well again soon. I have had the anxiety ocd and everything else now for over a year, did you have any other issues with your other children. i have to suffered a little anxiety in the past but nothing like this. My husband wants to have another child and I am just scared of dealing with this again. i am not having any luck with the prozac.[/b]
Well like I said I have suffered forever with depression and ocd/anxiety, but honestly with my other children I didnt suffer too much at all. I started to feel down a few months after they were born, went to the dr took meds and felt better. This seems so severe.

Have you told your dr that the prozac doent seem to be working? I have been on lots of different meds over time and not all of them work for everyone, you kind of have to find what works for you specifically. I dont know if you are breast feeding that will make a difference in which meds they can give you but I bet there has to be something that will help you. I imagine if I felt this way with baby number one instead of number 4 I would feel the same way you do and be scared to have more.
October 25th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I did not mention to the doc yet, they get so frustrated with me because I seem to have a real big problem with ssri. I get to many side effects from them and they make me real nervous. I had a doctor tell me that this was all in my head. It took my blood pressure to skyrocket before they took my off effexor. I am just so afraid of them.
October 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
First off welcome to the PPD board. Glad to have you turn to us. As for PPD setting in so quickly...just like with each pregnancy the post partum period is different with each child. I would talk to your Dr. ASAP about getting back on the meds.

October 26th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Quote:
First off welcome to the PPD board. Glad to have you turn to us. As for PPD setting in so quickly...just like with each pregnancy the post partum period is different with each child. I would talk to your Dr. ASAP about getting back on the meds.[/b]
I made an appointment for Nov 5th with the psychiatrist I was seeing before I got pregnant. I still have my pills from then too so ive started weaning myself back on. I figure it should be ok, Im not breastfeeding.
October 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
yeah. you should be ok. I'm so sorry you're going through this. we're all here for you though! Keep us updated
October 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Glad you are going to see him/her again. and be careful starting those meds again. It could mess you up more......but if they are helping you then good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search