HELP

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
for the past few days i have been feeling crazy i dont wanna eat i can sleep all day if i didnt have to watch the kids (dont hate me for saying this but) i hate everyone around me well i dont know if i actually do i jus feel like i do i hate the way i look i want my figure back i wanna be by my self i dont wanna be bothered i wanna cry i wanna die what is it someone help me cuz i dont know what is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please help

</a>
</div>
December 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Sadly I can tell you Welcome to Post Partum Depression. the way you are feeling is pretty much how I felt and some times still do feel. Very iritable always wanting to just scream and yell at everyone. It's a horrible feeling. And the only real way to help is by seeing your Dr. and possiably a counsler.

At least you are noticing the change now and not later on down the road. Just keep reminding yourself that it's just your hormones messed up and it should help you take a breath before you blow your stack. Even tho it's hard to do....but it's better for you and everyone around you until you can get into see a Doc.

ETA: we won't hate you.......We know what it feels like. So feel free to say what even you want to here. We have been there and some of us are still there. That's the joy of this board. We all KNOW what it's like.

December 30th, 2007, 06:10 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in that same boat too. I gain 40 pounds after Timmy was born due to my stupid birth control. I've started to just not eat anymore.
December 30th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Sadly I can tell you Welcome to Post Partum Depression. the way you are feeling is pretty much how I felt and some times still do feel. Very iritable always wanting to just scream and yell at everyone. It's a horrible feeling. And the only real way to help is by seeing your Dr. and possiably a counsler.

At least you are noticing the change now and not later on down the road. Just keep reminding yourself that it's just your hormones messed up and it should help you take a breath before you blow your stack. Even tho it's hard to do....but it's better for you and everyone around you until you can get into see a Doc.

ETA: we won't hate you.......We know what it feels like. So feel free to say what even you want to here. We have been there and some of us are still there. That's the joy of this board. We all KNOW what it's like.[/b]

well thanks ladies i do know that i say and do mean stuff to everyone around me i dont mean to i jus do i cant stand the way i feel is there anyway to get around this without goin to the doctor i really dont wanna go i hate the doctor and everyone there

im sorry if i sound soo mean but its jus the way i feel i dont know what it is i hate me and everyone here like i said i jus wanna pack up and move far far away i dont know where all this evil stuff is commin from i dont feel like doin anything i havent ate in like 3 days and when i get the urge to force myself then all i wanna do is puke i cant be like this i know its wrong so what do i do from here?

thanks for the help you guys i do appericiate iT

</a>
</div>
December 31st, 2007, 08:29 AM
Quote:
well thanks ladies i do know that i say and do mean stuff to everyone around me i dont mean to i jus do i cant stand the way i feel is there anyway to get around this without goin to the doctor i really dont wanna go i hate the doctor and everyone there

im sorry if i sound soo mean but its jus the way i feel i dont know what it is i hate me and everyone here like i said i jus wanna pack up and move far far away i dont know where all this evil stuff is commin from i dont feel like doin anything i havent ate in like 3 days and when i get the urge to force myself then all i wanna do is puke i cant be like this i know its wrong so what do i do from here?

thanks for the help you guys i do appericiate iT[/b]

The being mean part is a way for some people to deal with feelings of disapointment in ourselves. We are so upset and so angry with the way we feel and the way we think our life is going that we tend to take it out on the people we love the most. The want and need to run away is our way of coping with KNOWING we are being mean and hateful. As well as the thinking of everyone will be better off without you. But in all honesty it's not true....They need us more then anything, and that's what makes you scream and yell...because they need you and all you can be is mean to them. It's confusing.....painful...and just not a great feeling.
In all honesty No matter how much you don't like dr's or can't afford it or any such thing....the only true way to get this taken care of is a Dr. You have a chemical imbalance in your brain.....a certain part has stopped making a hormone you need to beable to deal with life. that Hormone can be given to you in pill form and once you start taking them you will be somewhat yourself again. you will be able to look at your Children and see how much they love and need you. And you will see just what a hurtful person you had been to your DH or SO........You will beable to function like a human again instead of a zombie. It will amaze you just how bad off you were without the meds. Trust me, I was there....and still am some days. I hate taking meds....heck I don't even take anythign for a headache! Dr's are only if you are so sick you can't get out of bed......BUT I couldn't keep screaming and yelling otherwise my DD would grow up thinking that is what a mom is supose to be like. Please see a Dr....even if it's a thearpist. Otherwise it will only get worse from here......you will go further into the hole your in.....and you don't want that....trust me.

As for the eating.......keep trying to eat. even if it's just a few snack thru the day.....you need nutients in order to work towards getting your mind back. getting your life back.

January 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you im wekin on gettin help i dont know how this is goin to work but im workin on it

</a>
</div>
January 3rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Well if there is anything I can do to help you just ask....I will do my best!!

January 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks again i have been feelin better lately but i still have my obessedd mood swings but other than that im ok for the most part thank you for the help if i need anything i will let you know and the password dont work

</a>
</div>
January 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
that just means I didn't give you the right one LOL I'm sorry I will have to update my info! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. The mood swings are the worst! at least for me.....happy one min and screaming and crying the next. Like i said before......anytime!

January 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling shorty? I went thru it with DD. I was surprised I didn't with Dominic, but I was to busy grieving. It took me about 6 months to work thru my issues without Zoloft that just made me feel worse. I hope you are doing better hun <3

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

January 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awwwwwwwwww thanks leann im sorry i didnt see this sooner but i really dont come to this side all the time lol

But i have had my ups and downs i have my good days and i have my bad ones i have noticed a bit of a change but not to much at all i still havent went to the doc i dont really wanna go i just want to get over this myself but im having a really hard time with it i think its a mixture of ppd and some other things that i have been dealing with in my life it kinda drives me crazy to where i just want to kill my self and be done with it but i do know that i cant do that considering i have childreen to tend to i sometimes think that everyone around me would be better off without me but i know deep down that this is not true...I mean i am only 20 and can honestly say have been through alot in my life that would make people look twice at there lives and say wow that is some crazy stuff......and yes i said it im 20 with 3 kids kinda sad in a way but hey what can you say i have people look at me and say wow you have 3 kids your so young it kinda frusterates me in a way but i just ignore it and move on....but as far as this depression goes it sucks bad thats all i know...........

How are you comming along? i hope you are doing good and everything is goin good for you for the most part right?i hope so hun and i will keep you guys updated

</a>
</div>
January 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Quote:
But i have had my ups and downs i have my good days and i have my bad ones i have noticed a bit of a change but not to much at all i still havent went to the doc i dont really wanna go i just want to get over this myself but im having a really hard time with it i think its a mixture of ppd and some other things that i have been dealing with in my life it kinda drives me crazy to where i just want to kill my self and be done with it but i do know that i cant do that considering i have childreen to tend to i sometimes think that everyone around me would be better off without me but i know deep down that this is not true...I mean i am only 20 and can honestly say have been through alot in my life that would make people look twice at there lives and say wow that is some crazy stuff......and yes i said it im 20 with 3 kids kinda sad in a way but hey what can you say i have people look at me and say wow you have 3 kids your so young it kinda frusterates me in a way but i just ignore it and move on....but as far as this depression goes it sucks bad thats all i know...........[/b]

Just had to tell you that being 20 with 3 kids isn't a bad thing at all!! one of my friends is 22 and is pregnant with her 4th. Her brother isn't even 20 yet and is the proud father of 2 children with one on the way. It just means you will be able to enjoy them much longer then those of us that waited to have kids.

Also I feel I must tell you that depression is a chemical imbalance in your body. It's not something you can correct on your own. You actually need meds to get your brain to start making the chemical again. I'm not say then being on meds is the best. But the way I look at it is.....This way I can function like a normal person in socioty, I won't be causing my child to grow up thinking that life is horriable. And will be able to enjoy the full hearted hug and kisses that you can give him without the feelings of depression. And even having thoughts of suicide just once is a big sign of needing help....even if it's just a therapest. I just wanted to tell you this in hopes of you actually going and getting help. Don't be ashamed of suffering to the point that you damage your own life. PPD is a real issue and you deserve to be able to enjoy your babies life!

Ok stepping of my soap box. Sorry I just hate to see some one suffer when they really don't have too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search