don't know if it's ppd or just the blues

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Super Mommy
i would say it is just baby blues except when she is crying in the middle of the night i get so angry i just want to slap her to shock her into stopping. i would NEVER do it though. i still care for her and love her and am bonded with her but i find myself very frustrated easily. she is almost 3 weeks old. i am bipolar type II but have not been on meds since march when i got pregnant.
<div align="CENTER"></div>
January 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I get the same way.......You just don't know what to do......You just get so frustrated and even tho you know you shouldn't and that you can truly handle this.....your brain won't let you. You just want to give up! It's not baby blues. Those feelings and those thoughts make it a deeper issue then just the baby blues. And with you having a Bi Polar disorder you are more likely to have to fight PPD as well. I suggest talking to your Dr and see about starting your meds again. It will help you GREATLY!

Just read my last venting post.......That's without meds, But when I have my meds, I have my mind back. I'm able to see problems and calmly deal with them without flying off the handle and screaming and yelling. I used to Scream and yell at my DD when she would cry. I would yell at her and tell her that I was going to leave her. and that since she didn't love me I was just going to walk away and she wouldn't have to see me again. all because she was crying. My meds have kept me from saying things and then hating myself for thinking them. So Go talk to your Dr. Most Dr's now a days are more understanding of this condition.

We are here for you if you need to scream and yell. we also have the Private borad up above that you can vent in....Just PM me for the password

January 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you for responding. It is much worse at night because that is when I feel most alone with dh gone.
January 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I wish I could say I will be here then...but I'm useally online while I'm at work. But feel free to sit here and talk till your heart is content because the very next morning I am on here to read um, and give you any and all support I can. So vent/cry/yell all you want.

January 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Super Mommy
thank you!
January 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
me too. I'm usually on until like midnight or 1. I don't know what time that makes it for you. But I'm still here just the same

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search