New to this board

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
imcloudnine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls, I just found this board and am so glad that I did. My name is Joey and I have a 21 month old son Brandon, and will be having a baby girl, Rylee, on Jan 29th. After I had my son, I had the baby blues, but I'm actually starting to wonder if it was more PPD then just blues. I went through a period of about 3-4 weeks after I had him, where I just cried all day long. I never felt like I would hurt him, but I did feel like I wasn't "worthy" enough to have him, and I half expected to lose him to SIDS or something. From there, it moved on to feeling like he would die in a car accident or something. I still to this day feel like I'm not lucky enough to have such a good family, which scares me because I couldn't even imagine the pain of losing my sweet little boy. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones that make me feel like this now, or if I'm still dealing with some depression. I'm so worried about how I will feel after I have this baby. My husband isn't the greatest support, because he thinks you should just be able to "deal" with it and move on. I've tried, but obviously that hasn't worked very well. Anyways, that's pretty much why I'm here, just looking for some support.

January 11th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Hello and Welcome! I'm glad you found us. The more you know and the more you vent the better off you will be!

Congrats on the new coming little one. Even tho at times you may not feel that way. I would let your Dr know that you think you may have issues with PPD. That way you both can get a jump start on making sure you are taken care of shortly after the delivery if need be. So you will be able to bond so much better with your DD. I think some of your fears are normal tho. It is common to have a few weeks of the baby blues after a birth. but if it lasts longer then just a few weeks it becomes PPD. Was your fear of SIDS so bad that you found yourself not sleeping to keep an eye on DS? What about the fear of a Car accident does that keep you from putting him in a car? Those are some clear cut signs of something deeper then just baby blues.

Anyway Like I said bring it up to your Dr. and start planning for the help you will need.

January 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome!! I'm so glad you found us. It's nice to be able to vent to other people who are in the same boat as you. Hopin to hear from ya!
January 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
imcloudnine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! I think I will talk to my Dr. about it, just so that I can be prepared when this baby comes. I'm glad this board is here, it's nice to have people that understand.

January 12th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I'm right there with you!! It's hard to talk to someone who just doesn't know what it feels like. that's part of the reason I wanted to be a co host on here. because that way I could have others to talk to that understood and So I can be there for them as well. It's really hard when people just don't understand!

So keep us updated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search