PPD/stress?

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
dotti_85's Avatar Veteran
Well i guess i am here to ask for your oppinion on wheather this sounds like PPD or maybe just a case of the blues. I know looking at someone else it's usually pretty obvious but when it comes to my self i just don't know. Of cause in my head i think i am just frustrated and bored, but in my heart i think it may be a little more.

Since my hubby moved us away from my family and friends 6 month ago i feel as though my life is empty and blank.
That is how i feel most of the time, blank.
I was always a happy and caring person, never really had hard feeling for anyone and my family ment everything to me.
Now my days are spent at home screaming at my eldest daughter, who i am sure is just as frustrated as i am. I hate feeling so much resentment toward her!! I love her dearly i just feel i never get a good moment with her.
She has always been a difficult kid behavour wise but she is getting worse and worse and i find it so hard to controll my self and constantly lash out at her (not physicaly). I am angry all the time with DH and just feel like i can't show any love towards my family anymore.
I have no motivation to really do anything, including playing with my kids, everything feels like a chore and im sure i am on auto pilot most days!!!
I don't ever have bad thoughts, just ones where i really wish i could get away from this place that i live in. I have even become cold toward my mum, she means everything in the world to me and i have never been angry at her for anything!! she has done nothing wrong, i just get snappy for no reason.

Anyways the list could go on but i wont bore you. I am thinking of trying to get an appointment with a doctor tomorow i just dont wanna walk in there and then be told im just over reactive and nurotic!!
What do you think?? your opinions would be really appreciated,
Thanks.

</a>
January 25th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I am sooo sorry it took me so long to reply!! sounds to me like it could be depression. But only your Dr will know for sure. As for it being Post Partum Depression. I don't think so. I think it's more just normal Depression. I know that in my down times all I do is snap and yell at everyone. Sadly to say(Including patients here at work) I just can't control my emotions. I get upset, and easily annouyed. Resulting in a very short tempured person. That was my first sign that something was wrong with me.

I hope you got the info and help from your dr that you were looking for.......let us know!

January 26th, 2008, 06:32 AM
dotti_85's Avatar Veteran

Well i did go and see my doctor. She was really good about things and suggested that it doesn't sound like PP depreesion but like you said, just depression and anxiety that it has prolly been around a lot longer than i thought.
She has reffered me to see a psychologist in a couple of weeks and i will take up further treatment with him.
She said she wouldn't feel comfortable offering me any medication at this stage because she has not got the experiance to do a full analisys of me but did offer some sleeping pills, which i declined. Getting some good sleep would be nice but i can't isk not waking up to my children should they wake.

It was actually a post of yours that i was reading that made me realise something really was not right, and i quote

"I couldn't keep yelling and screaming at my dd all day or she would grow up thinking that is what a mum is suppose to do"

That bought me to tears when i realised i could have easily been the one to have written that, but im glad i did see it coz now i know i need help with something that is way beyond my controll at the moment.
I am already feeling a little more positive knowing that hopefully things will improve from here.

</a>
January 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
I'm glad that you are getting help! Depression period is a horriable thing to go thru. You are more then welcome to post here even if it isn't Technicall PPD. It's still Depression and the feeling is kinda the same.

I'm glad I could help you. It makes me feel good to know that! There is a light at the end of the tunnel no worries you will be smiling and laughing and in a good mood again! That I promise you

Take care and again feel free to post if you need to. I am never gone for more then a couple days. other then that I am on here watchign for posts.

January 26th, 2008, 12:02 PM
ericahex's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I've come to this too late to help, but I'm glad you are getting help already! I hope the appointment with a psychologist goes well. I am sure you will find the right therapy and/or medication for you. It takes time, but what a wonderful feeling knowing that you are aiming to do better for your little ones. I too realized I needed to get help so my son wouldn't grow up thinking that mommies are anxious and angry people. It's the best reason ever to realize you deserve better both for yourself and your children. Wishing you the best of luck and peace going forward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search