Visiting Teaching Message

Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church

A positive place to learn about or share uplifting and interesting news and testimonies about the LDS Church. Please no bashing.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 09:25 AM
geo-geek
Link to article

Understand the Divine Roles of Women

There are many divine roles of women that are outlined in the quotes. I will talk about President Spencer W. Kimball's quote because it was the one that spoke to me clearly and reminded me of some of a post made earlier about the challenges that families face as they try to raise children to be ready for the second coming.

In this quote he says that to be a woman influencing the future generations in a time that the second coming is closer is a noble calling. During this time of turmoil in the world, if we are able to keep a calm peaceful place, the influence will be widespread even more so than in times of peace. This really spoke to me because I have fears about bringing children into this world. I know that I will and I will do my best to keep my children on the straight and narrow, and I know I need faith in the Lord reserving the special spirits for the time closest to the second coming.

Add anything that you would like. This was only one of the amazing quotes that are part of the message.
February 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We did our visit teaching on Sunday (the first... wonder if THAT will ever happen again lol) and our discussion of the lesson led to President Kimball's thing about seasons. Sometimes we want to do all things NOW, but it's not our season. I'd like to attend the temple a lot more, but right now, with these four little ones, it's not my season. On the other hand, my parents can go often particularly now that my dad's company has put them on half days (economy issues). It's their season.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search