Topic of the Week... Visiting Teaching Message~June~

Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church

A positive place to learn about or share uplifting and interesting news and testimonies about the LDS Church. Please no bashing.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Participate in Sincere Prayer

What are your thoughts on this months VT msg?
Which quote(s) impressed you the most?
June 11th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Elder Bruce R. McConkie (1915–85) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “Prayer changes our lives. Through it we draw near to the Lord, and he reaches out his finger and touches us, so we never again are the same.

Prayer is a great tower of strength, a pillar of unending righteousness, a mighty force that moves mountains and saves souls” (“Patterns of Prayer,” Ensign, May 1984, 32).
I love what Elder McConkie said about prayer. It is very powerful.

Quote:
President James E. Faust (1920–2007), Second Counselor in the First Presidency: “First, prayer is a humble acknowledgment that God is our Father and that the Lord Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Second, it is a sincere confession of sin and transgression and a request for forgiveness. Third, it is recognition that we need help beyond our own ability. Fourth, it is an opportunity to express thanksgiving and gratitude to our Creator. It is important that we frequently say: ‘We thank Thee … ,’ ‘We acknowledge before Thee … ,’ ‘We are grateful unto Thee …’ Fifth, it is a privilege to ask Deity for specific blessings.

“… Sincere prayers come from the heart. Indeed, sincerity requires that we draw from the earnest feelings of our hearts” (“The Lifeline of Prayer,” Liahona, July 2002, 62; Ensign, May 2002, 59–60).
I know that through sincere prayer that Heavenly Father is there for me and listening to my words. He leads me in the direction that I need to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search