Sunday Lesson

Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church

A positive place to learn about or share uplifting and interesting news and testimonies about the LDS Church. Please no bashing.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
During our last stake conference, something momentous happened for me. Our stake president asked us to read a scripture in Mosiah that was near a verse I had highlighted on the previous page. I felt prompted to turn the page back and read what I had marked:

“I pray that ye should awake to a remembrance of the awful situation of those that have fallen into transgression.

“And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it” (Mosiah 2:40–41).

The last sentence struck me. I realized I had never really received a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Since I had grown up in an LDS family, I just took for granted that it was all true and believed what people had told me. But I didn’t have that knowledge for myself. I lacked a surety that this is the true Church, that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and that President Thomas S. Monson does receive revelation from God. But the sentence, “O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it,” made me realize it couldn’t be this way forever. I needed to find out for myself if this really was the truth. So I began to pray.

“Dear Heavenly Father, I. …”

\But I didn’t get any further. I felt the Spirit so strongly within me it brought tears to my eyes. It was actually burning in my bosom, and I choked on the words. I have never felt anything so compelling and real. I had finally experienced personal revelation that the Book of Mormon was true, and I knew it. Suddenly the Spirit brought back to my memory Moroni 10:4:

“And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.”

I began again. “Heavenly Father, I need to gain my own testimony of the truth of this book, and of this Church. I ask you, in the name of Jesus Christ, are these things true?” And once again, the Spirit confirmed truth. It was so powerful. I knew there could only be one answer, and I knew it as surely as I know 2+2=4.

The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith actually was a prophet, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ did appear to him in the Sacred Grove. President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet, and he does receive divine guidance to lead this Church, a Church I now know for sure is true. I hope all people take the advice Moroni gave us and pray in the name of Christ, with a sincere heart, real intent, and faith, and ask if these things are true. I know the answer will be “Yes. Yes, it is.” I hope we all will “remember, remember that these things are true, for the Lord God hath spoken it.”
I actually checked to make sure I hadn't submitted this article and just didn't remember it.

This article is so similar to what happened to me.

My parents seperated in the middle of my junior year and tey were seperated my Senior year. I was very bitter about it and I had stopped reading the scriptures and praying.

I went to Youth Conference becasue it was expected of me, not because I wanted to go.

I went to the classes but I sat in the back and didn't really listen. My group's Mom finally got sick of it and when I went to go sit in the back for one class she made me come up front, she actually grabbed my upper arm and kept walking, she wouldnt' let go until I was sitting in the front with her.

Now, in years past I was the go-to girl for prayers. If there needed to be a prayer said and no one else wanted to do it I would cheerfully volenteer.

That being said, when the Young Women's stake presidency was asking around for prayers I was asked and I said yes. I said yes to get her to be quiet, I think I forgot that I'd actually have to pray.

Well, the time for my prayer came and I got up and folded my arms, bowed my head and all I said was "Heavenly Father..." before i had to stop. I felt so warm and loved then. If I had to put what I felt into words it would have to be something along the lines of "I've missed you."

I don't even remember praying then, the next thing I knew I was sitting back down to my group Mom. I leaned over to her and asked "Did I actually pray?" she just gae me a wierd look and nodded.

I know Heavenly Father loves us and that he is always waiting for us to come home to him. It's like the painting of Christ standing at the door, he's always knocking, but we have to answer.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
November 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Those are some good stories. I still need to gain some of these testimonies.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search