Brigham City Utah Temple

Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church

A positive place to learn about or share uplifting and interesting news and testimonies about the LDS Church. Please no bashing.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Testimonies and Information about the LDS Church LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2010, 11:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
President Packer Presides at Groundbreaking of Brigham City Utah Temple - LDS Newsroom

Looks like President Packer was at the groundbreaking of the Brigham City Utah temple.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
August 2nd, 2010, 04:54 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
He spoke at our stake conference when we lived in Virginia a two or three years ago. We were in Annandale Stake then. He was amazing. Very small. I was really surprised how small he was. Living out here it's a HUGE deal for us to have a general authority speak to us.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 2nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
He spoke at our stake conference when we lived in Virginia a two or three years ago. We were in Annandale Stake then. He was amazing. Very small. I was really surprised how small he was. Living out here it's a HUGE deal for us to have a general authority speak to us.
I love President Packer, it's been a few years since a General Authority spoke to us too.

Just wondering, how tall is President Packer?

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
August 2nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
I don't know and a quick Google search didn't turn it up. I was walking the hallway beforehand with my baby and oldest and happened to pass him as he was heading up the hall to the stand. He smiled and said hello and patted Ani on the head. I am about 5'6" and I was a bit taller than him. He was stooped over like many elderly are so he likely originally was taller than me.

Smaller on the Outside

August 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I don't know and a quick Google search didn't turn it up. I was walking the hallway beforehand with my baby and oldest and happened to pass him as he was heading up the hall to the stand. He smiled and said hello and patted Ani on the head. I am about 5'6" and I was a bit taller than him. He was stooped over like many elderly are so he likely originally was taller than me.
5'6''? wow that's short for a guy. Not trying to be rude, but most of the guys I know are taller then that.

August 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am very excited about the Brigham City Temple. It is VERY close to where I live.
August 3rd, 2010, 01:33 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Yeah, one more temple to visit in driving distance.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
August 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmith1996 View Post
5'6''? wow that's short for a guy. Not trying to be rude, but most of the guys I know are taller then that.
That is short for a guy. I knew that he was shorter than pretty much all the other apostles, but I'm 5'6" too so that would be weird for me to have an apostle be the same height/shorter than me.

Not that that's bad or anything.

August 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
That is short for a guy. I knew that he was shorter than pretty much all the other apostles, but I'm 5'6" too so that would be weird for me to have an apostle be the same height/shorter than me.

Not that that's bad or anything.
True, I'm shorter then you though Birttanie, though so unless there was an uber short apostle every Apostle is taller then me.

I love finding out little factoids about our General Authorities like their height, what they did before they became General Authorities etc. I also love hearing Elder Uchtdorf talk about his wife. There's this one talk here he tells the story of how they met and got together.

Edit: I found it. here's the link to the entire talk, but I'll copy and paste my favorite part.

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Your Happily Ever After

Quote:
One Sunday the missionaries brought a new family to our meetings whom I hadnít seen before. It was a mother with two beautiful daughters. I thought that these missionaries were doing a very, very good job.

I particularly took notice of the one daughter with gorgeous dark hair and large brown eyes. Her name was Harriet, and I think I fell in love with her from the first moment I saw her. Unfortunately, this beautiful young woman didnít seem to feel the same about me. She had many young men who wanted to make her acquaintance, and I began to wonder if she would ever see me as anything but a friend. But I didnít let that deter me. I figured out ways to be where she was. When I passed the sacrament, I made sure I was in the right position so that I would be the one to pass the sacrament to her.

When we had special activities at church, I rode my bike to Harrietís house and rang the doorbell. Harrietís mother usually answered. In fact, she opened the kitchen window of their apartment on the fourth floor and asked what I wanted. I would ask if Harriet would like a ride to church on my bicycle. Harrietís mother would say, ďNo, she will be coming later, but I will be happy to ride with you to church.Ē This wasnít exactly what I had in mind, but how could I decline?
And so we rode to church. I must admit I had a very impressive road bike. Harrietís mother sat on the top tube bar just in front of me, and I tried to be the most elegant bicycle driver over roads of rough cobblestone.

Time passed. While beautiful Harriet was seeing many other young men, it seemed that I could not make any headway with her.

Was I disappointed? Yes.

Was I defeated? Absolutely not!

Actually, looking back I recognize that it doesnít hurt at all to be on good terms with the mother of the girl of your dreams.

Last edited by future_adoption_mommy; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
August 3rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
That's such a cute story. I just love President Uchtdorf.

I was talking to my best friend about how short President Packer is and she agreed with me that he just doesn't seem like he should be that small. His aura or whatever you'd call it - his spirituality - was just radiating and so he seems like a giant. He's a spiritual giant so in our minds we thought of him as a giant man. I'm probably not explaining this well.

Smaller on the Outside

October 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little late posting here... I like finding out little facts about our General Authorities as well, RJ. I would have thought President Packer would be tall. He is elderly and the elderly do usually loose height and weight but still I thought he was taller.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search