Log In Sign Up

What did you do


Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
November 29th, 2005, 01:06 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 32,367
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
When you were (or are) pregnant, what do you do about belly pics and toilet paper Tuesdays? Pre-pregnancy, I always thought that I looked 4-6 months along already! LOL! What did you do....did you post pics and whatnot or refrain from doing that.

Also, how am I supposed to tell what strech marks are mine and what ones are from the baby....LOL?!?!?!

And lastly.....how will I know when I start to show......I don't think I will ever know unless I have a basketball belly baby!!!!

TIA!
__________________

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Reply With Quote
  #2  
November 29th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Ashes78
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by SavaAngel@Nov 29 2005, 03:06 PM
When you were (or are) pregnant, what do you do about belly pics and toilet paper Tuesdays?* Pre-pregnancy, I always thought that I looked 4-6 months along already!* LOL!* What did you do....did you post pics and whatnot or refrain from doing that.*

Also, how am I supposed to tell what strech marks are mine and what ones are from the baby....LOL?!?!?!

And lastly.....how will I know when I start to show......I don't think I will ever know unless I have a basketball belly baby!!!!

TIA!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I didn't do belly pics but I did the toilet paper thing.

LOL...I don't know about the stretch marks. I got a ton of them when I was pregnant with Zach...those all went up and down. The ones I got this time with Xan, most went side to side instead. I thought that was kinda strange..lol.

U will know..your tummy will kinda pop up..kwim...hehe.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
November 29th, 2005, 07:21 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 13,443
Quote:
Originally posted by SavaAngel@Nov 29 2005, 02:06 PM
When you were (or are) pregnant, what do you do about belly pics and toilet paper Tuesdays?* Pre-pregnancy, I always thought that I looked 4-6 months along already!* LOL!* What did you do....did you post pics and whatnot or refrain from doing that.*

Also, how am I supposed to tell what strech marks are mine and what ones are from the baby....LOL?!?!?!

And lastly.....how will I know when I start to show......I don't think I will ever know unless I have a basketball belly baby!!!!

TIA!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

i didn't do belly pics or tp tuesday
preggo stretch marks seem to be a lot whiter than the ones i already had and you'll be surprised about when you can tell about the preggo belly. it's like you see your whole belly carry differently than just a regular belly hard to explain, but you'll see!
__________________
<div align="center">
</div>
Reply With Quote
  #4  
November 30th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,422
I am not going to do either. One reason is because I can't tell any diff this early , my belly is big. It( my belly) also hangs over so where my uterus is you can not see anyway.LOL Also on the tp thing I am already soooo many more squares than most of these girls will be in month 7 and 8. Hee hee. So I don't see the point for me. Oh yeah I am due #3 in June. B Thanks for posting this question, it helps to know I am not the only one thinking this way. B
Reply With Quote
  #5  
December 4th, 2005, 02:36 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,676
I've done the TP Tuesday, but no belly pics. All I see is my flab But you can feel the pregnant belly under there, so you can tell. Plus I'm starting to do the "pregnant walk" (leaning back, slight waddel) now. As for stretch marks, I haven't noticed any new ones, so it's really hard for me to say...

How your tummy feels is a weird thing, at least it has been for me. At first, everything was pretty normal. Then it felt a little like someone had placed a softball in the middle of my intestines... A month later, the softball was replaced by a cantaloupe. Now, I think it's actually a small soccer ball I can still feel my "cushion" on top, but I can really feel where that baby is underneath...
__________________
<div align="center">



</div>
Reply With Quote
  #6  
December 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Mom2DalnRi's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Quote:
When you were (or are) pregnant, what do you do about belly pics and toilet paper Tuesdays? Pre-pregnancy, I always thought that I looked 4-6 months along already! LOL! What did you do....did you post pics and whatnot or refrain from doing that.

Also, how am I supposed to tell what strech marks are mine and what ones are from the baby....LOL?!?!?!

And lastly.....how will I know when I start to show......I don't think I will ever know unless I have a basketball belly baby!!!!

TIA![/b]
I am in your DDC as well .. I think I am going to go with the belly pics .. covered of course .. and like you I looked about 4 months along as well. I am gonna post a pre preg pic and a pic now to show you what I am talking about .. If it helps ... we can share with each other?? I am excited about it but everyone is so small in our DDC I was a snug 14 pre preg .. lots of weight in the belly and boobs but thick all over ...



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
December 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 4,090
I rarely do tp tuesday.. but I definitely do belly pics. I'm a big girl and I know it.. BUT.. my husband loves me, we're so happy to be pregnant, and I could care less if other people think I'm fat. Really.. I already know I am! This is an empowerment thing for me.. and trust me.. I dont always feel like this. I have my down days when I just feel like a whale.. but I feel it is important for me to show my belly and not care what other people think. It is good for my personal self esteem.

I'm not saying everyone should feel this way (it is not my place to say anything about other peoples choices or feelings), but this feels good for me.
__________________

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
December 21st, 2005, 02:54 AM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,321
What is this world coming to!? Mom2, if you are Plus Size...god only knows what I am.

I'm 22 weeks. Around month four my stomach (the organ) area sort of just gave way and began to stick out. It never really stuck out. My fat just went straight down. So that was one thing I didn't care for.

Now my belly is ssticking out, BUT there is alot of flab on top which doesnt give it the perfect round prego belly. Then there is the little fat roll underneath the ball that just ...I dunno..its just there.

I think I look pregant. I might not look like other pregnant women, but my belly sticks out which it never did before. I guess son the streets I look like one ofthose fat ppl with a pop belly. when I lay down I can really feel the hardness of the baby. Sitting, I can't feel much of anything.


As for streatch marks. I have them around my belly button and on my sides now. I have always had streatch marks. The new ones are darker though. THe old ones are white.

In a few months you'll start to feel a little orange or grapefruit in there and by the time you get around to it you'll feel it. It wil be hard.....just hard under the flab. lol
__________________



So Crunchy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
December 21st, 2005, 07:17 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 32,367
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Quote:
I am in your DDC as well .. I think I am going to go with the belly pics .. covered of course .. and like you I looked about 4 months along as well. I am gonna post a pre preg pic and a pic now to show you what I am talking about .. If it helps ... we can share with each other?? I am excited about it but everyone is so small in our DDC I was a snug 14 pre preg .. lots of weight in the belly and boobs but thick all over ...



[/b]
Okay, I look 4 months with twins! I was between an 18 and a 20 pre pregnancy! Now, my 20's are getting tight! All that is comphy are my kackies and my sweats! Luckily I can wear my kackies to work!

I will try to find a picture of me pre-pregnancy (probably in July 2005) I don't get in front of the camera much! I need to find my disk of pictures first! Then I will have DH take a pic of my belly and we can share! I know there are a few of us plus sizers in the August DDC, so maybe we can do Plus Size Belly Pics and Regular Belly pics! Whatcha think?
__________________

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Reply With Quote
  #10  
December 21st, 2005, 02:58 PM
Mom2DalnRi's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Quote:
What is this world coming to!? Mom2, if you are Plus Size...god only knows what I am.
I hope you didn't take that wrong .. I am always afraid to post anything anywhere for fear of offending or hurting someone's feelings ... I shop in the plus size departments and am far from a size 3 4 or 5 like some of the folks out there ... I was just trying to be positive and share with folks like me ... but I don't feel like I exactly "fit" anywhere on these boards.



[quote]
Quote:

Okay, I look 4 months with twins! I was between an 18 and a 20 pre pregnancy! Now, my 20's are getting tight! All that is comphy are my kackies and my sweats! Luckily I can wear my kackies to work!

I will try to find a picture of me pre-pregnancy (probably in July 2005) I don't get in front of the camera much! I need to find my disk of pictures first! Then I will have DH take a pic of my belly and we can share! I know there are a few of us plus sizers in the August DDC, so maybe we can do Plus Size Belly Pics and Regular Belly pics! Whatcha think?
Sounds like a great idea
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
December 22nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 8,818
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
[quote]
Quote:
What is this world coming to!? Mom2, if you are Plus Size...god only knows what I am.
I hope you didn't take that wrong .. I am always afraid to post anything anywhere for fear of offending or hurting someone's feelings ... I shop in the plus size departments and am far from a size 3 4 or 5 like some of the folks out there ... I was just trying to be positive and share with folks like me ... but I don't feel like I exactly "fit" anywhere on these boards.



Quote:
Quote:

Okay, I look 4 months with twins! I was between an 18 and a 20 pre pregnancy! Now, my 20's are getting tight! All that is comphy are my kackies and my sweats! Luckily I can wear my kackies to work!

I will try to find a picture of me pre-pregnancy (probably in July 2005) I don't get in front of the camera much! I need to find my disk of pictures first! Then I will have DH take a pic of my belly and we can share! I know there are a few of us plus sizers in the August DDC, so maybe we can do Plus Size Belly Pics and Regular Belly pics! Whatcha think?
Sounds like a great idea
I am so sorry that you are not feeling welcome. I understand that plus sized comes in many sizes. I, for one, enjoyed your input! I would love to be a size 14, and would feel great about it, but by the rest of the worlds standards (clothing manufacturerers) I would still be plus sized. And to answer the original question, no, I didn't do either.
__________________
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and find out there is."
Casey(29) DH, Arron(31)DD, Grace(3) DD, Norra(2) DD, Jenna(8Mo.)

Reply With Quote
  #12  
December 22nd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,501
I do the pregnancy pictures... pretty much always clothed though, because I still have the chub that hangs a bit down below.. it hasn't stretched out to accomadate the baby yet!! I was an 18 before I got pregnant.. (big for a 5'3 girl)... it sucks, but as someone else said, my husband loves me unconditionally, and he accepts me how I am.. This is how I was when he met me, so I know he loves me for me!!!

As for stretch marks, I have them on my belly, and in being pregnant, it seems like the existing stretch marks are getting pinker at the tops, like they're stretching a bit more.. not a pretty site, but I hope I don't get a whole bunch more... Not that I'll ever be in a bikini tho LOL.. OH, and I think my butt is growing to match my stomach too... I look like I have a baby growing in there too!!! lol

I LOVE being pregnant.. and having an excuse ... its' weird, because people keep telling me I look like I've lost weight in my face... (well, I think that's going to stop, because I think I'm going to start gaining it a bit more, only 8 weeks to go..)

Just accept what you have, and be happy with what your body is providing you!!! We'll have gooood happy healthy babies!!!!

18 weeks, when I think I was just starting to show...barely... lol!!! see me sucking it in!!!


Last week, at 31 weeks...
__________________

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
Reply With Quote
  #13  
December 22nd, 2005, 12:38 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 32,367
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Quote:
I do the pregnancy pictures... pretty much always clothed though, because I still have the chub that hangs a bit down below.. it hasn't stretched out to accomadate the baby yet!! I was an 18 before I got pregnant.. (big for a 5'3 girl)... it sucks, but as someone else said, my husband loves me unconditionally, and he accepts me how I am.. This is how I was when he met me, so I know he loves me for me!!!

As for stretch marks, I have them on my belly, and in being pregnant, it seems like the existing stretch marks are getting pinker at the tops, like they're stretching a bit more.. not a pretty site, but I hope I don't get a whole bunch more... Not that I'll ever be in a bikini tho LOL.. OH, and I think my butt is growing to match my stomach too... I look like I have a baby growing in there too!!! lol

I LOVE being pregnant.. and having an excuse ... its' weird, because people keep telling me I look like I've lost weight in my face... (well, I think that's going to stop, because I think I'm going to start gaining it a bit more, only 8 weeks to go..)

Just accept what you have, and be happy with what your body is providing you!!! We'll have gooood happy healthy babies!!!![/b]
I am 5'1", and my hubby thinks I am perfect (he even says it)!

I don't have any new strech marks on my belly, but I am getting them above me bbs near my arm pit! I am putting cocoa butter on the but I don't know if it is helping!

A Happy and Healthy baby is all I want!
__________________

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Reply With Quote
  #14  
December 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,501
Quote:
A Happy and Healthy baby is all I want! [/b]

Dittto here!!!!
__________________

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
Reply With Quote
  #15  
January 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,314
I was at 18/20 pre-pregnancy. Now I am a tight 20 - I bought some 22/24 pants, but they are really too big for me right now. I feel like I am swimming in them. But I'm sure that will change.

I haven't taken any pictures of my belly, and don't know that I would share them with the world once I start taking them. But I definately want to keep them for me. I was hoping to be under 200 when I conceived, but it just happened too quickly. I gained about 7 pounds frm an appointment I had in early November to my 8 week appointment in late December. I want to see how much I gain when I go back to my next appointment.

I've heard of big women who actually lose weight instead of gain when they get pregnant. That certainlly isn't me yet!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0