when did you start to show?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2005, 12:05 PM
theycallmelisa
I was in the July 2006 forum and looking at the belly pics and getting a little jealous, all these skinny women are already showing at 5-8 weeks!

I work in a plus size clothing store and was talking to a woman who said she was expecting. I asked how far along she was, she said 6 months, and wasn't even showing! wow.

I WANT to show! lol. IF i'm pregnant, I want something to show for all my moodiness and sickness! lol

Being bigger to begin with, I have alot of extra flub on my tummy, and curious to know when and what I'll look like when I start showing.
December 4th, 2005, 01:29 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Depends on how big you are, and how your weight is distributed. I was a sz 20 pre-pregnancy. My weight is pretty evenly distributed, I have a very defined waist. I started showing around 16wks, which is around when I needed to move into maternity clothing. If you know me, you can tell the difference. If you didn't know me, you might just think I carry all my weight up front A good friend of mine is a sz 24 pre pregnancy. She never needed maternity clothing, and it was never "obvious" that she was pregnant, but she also kept most of her wait around her middle. She got a little larger, but that was about it. Just seems like everyone's different

</div>
December 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Kennysm0m's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Kennysm0m
I was a 12-14 pre pregnancy and I carry all of my weight in my belly. I have that "pooch" in the front and the spare tire around the middle. I started getting bigger in the middle of those (belly button area) about 10 weeks so then I just looked fatter. I am just now feeling like I look pregnant to those who do not know me and I am 31 weeks this Thursday. Everyone is different and you may not have the same experience twice. I was 260 lbs when I got pg with #1 and no one could tell that i was pg till almost 8 months. This time I started out around 180 and I was about 61/2 when it was obvious to me. Just remeber that YOU know that you are pregant and that is all that matters. Your baby will be no less beautiful if people dont notice your belly. Besides when people notice the belly they usually feel the need to touch it and I HATE THAT!!

Hope that helps,
Jess

BTW here is a pic of me at 30 weeks.

December 5th, 2005, 01:51 PM
AnasMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AnasMommy
You could never really tell I was pregnant from the front! I have pics of me in Feb. at a baby shower (had my DD in April) that I am standing next to the changing table and I dont even look 7 months pregnant!! But I REALLY popped out the last 2 months!
I started showing in October/November I wanna say (so that was like 3-4 months)

December 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Besides when people notice the belly they usually feel the need to touch it and I HATE THAT!![/b]
me too! everyone felt the need to touch my belly - i told them i was not a genie lamp or buddha - no wishes will come true by rubbing my belly!
i did see a cute quote the other day tho, i don't remember it exactly - it said something like "babies radiate so much love even before they are born that strangers feel the need to touch them" (that's not exactly it, but close)

i didn't show until i was about 4-5 months, but when i did HELLO i really showed. if you are nervous about not showing and have some spare around the middle, just get some non-mistakable maternity clothes and don't worry about sucking your gut in - just let it hang, then you can just say its your preggo belly!!
December 6th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a size 16 before and an 18 when I had him. I never got to "look" pregnant. Which bothered me somewhat. When I went to L&D to have my son they thought I was in the wrong place.
December 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean there are a lot of skinny people in there. I am by no means skinny but I can already tell that I am showing. I am almost 9 weeks. I am bloated more than anything.
9 weeks

6 weeks

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 10th, 2005, 08:55 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I am a size 20, and the only thing I have noticed is my pants getting slightly tighter. I am not sure if I will ever show because I think I already look pregnant (even pre-pregnacy). I would post a pic, but I am not that comforable with my body!

Hoping I look like I am carrying a basketball under my shirt so I will feel like I am looking pregnant and not just fatter!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 13th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Regular
I am a size 16-18 pre-pregnancy and I still can fit in most my clothes. There is a few items that I have thrown into the back of my closet. Right now my breast are getting bigger each day it seems like. So I feel crazy wearing a maternity top when I am not showing anywhere else.

Does anybody else have this problem?
December 14th, 2005, 07:01 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
I think I started wearing maternity clothes when I was about 16 weeks. I didn't exactly look much bigger, but my tummy was harder, and couldn't be squished into my pants anymore. I did what someone else said, and just wore maternity clothes that totally said "pregnant". People knew. I don't have any early prego pics, but I have two from 36w3d.

Please excuse the bruises. I was giving myself eight insulin injections a day. And there it is all my fatness. HeHe. I was VERY swollen check out the feet above. I had toxemia.

After(which is also what I looked like before. I weighed 255 pre-prego and I weigh 245 now. Size 20)

December 15th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Regular
So how old is your baby now?
You look great! My friend had toxemia when she was pregnant and I felt so sorry for her. It was all she could do to get around.
December 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Thank you! She was 12 weeks yesterday. It was hard to walk because my feet an ankles were so swollen that my ankles would burn when they would bend. I really enjoyed being pregnant, though.

December 17th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies! You are all beautiful!

I started showing at 16 weeks. I was pre-preg a size 18-20. I feel great! Here is me at 22 weeks!

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
December 17th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Look at that cute little round baby belly, Llamamama! Lookin good! Mine never got really round and cute like yours. I loved being prego, enjoy it! It goes so fast, even though it seems like forever!

December 19th, 2005, 08:49 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Quote:
I think I started wearing maternity clothes when I was about 16 weeks. I didn't exactly look much bigger, but my tummy was harder, and couldn't be squished into my pants anymore. I did what someone else said, and just wore maternity clothes that totally said "pregnant". People knew. I don't have any early prego pics, but I have two from 36w3d.

Please excuse the bruises. I was giving myself eight insulin injections a day. And there it is all my fatness. HeHe. I was VERY swollen check out the feet above. I had toxemia.

After(which is also what I looked like before. I weighed 255 pre-prego and I weigh 245 now. Size 20)
[/b]
You look great! And you even lost some weight after having the baby!

I have a feeling my feet will swell too, they swell now when we take long trips in the car....so here I come swollen feet and all! LOL!

I am about the same size and weight as you pre-pregnancy...so I know what to expect now!

My belly is already hard....and my jeans are tight on me now. Luckily I am still able to get in my dress pants and kackies for work! My SIL thinks I will carry in the front because I am so short.....we will see though huh! I am already able to see some change in my body where the waist of my pants usually rests!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Mom2DalnRi's Avatar Veteran
I was a size 14 snug pre pregancy .. had a gut to begin with as My weight is mostly in my belly and my boobs although I am as I like to call it "thick" all over .. my belly has just swollen out there!!! I feel like I am 4 months prego ... Did anyone else who carries the weight similar to me notice a big change in the belly??
January 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM
theycallmelisa
wow cassandra, that was a big belly! lol (not to be taken in an offensive way at all!) just wow. It's such a change to see bigger belly pics instead of the other ones where ppl who are 8months preggos look the same way i do pre pregnancy lol .
January 12th, 2006, 10:12 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
beauitufl bellies!

So Crunchy
January 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Thank you all for sharing your pregnant bellies. I was an 18/20 pre-pregnancy, and I am a tight 20 right now. I don't feel like I look pregnant, I just look fatter. I hope that my two "rolls" turn into a bump at some point.

I'll definately take the advice to wear the maternity clothes and just roll with it.

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

January 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I have been big all my adult life.. Especially after having several pregnancies. This one is my fifth.. I never showed with Walker... No one believed me until they saw the baby.. With Braxton I was around 5 months when I started showing.. And with this pregancy I just now started to show.. At 7 months.. And only reason why I know I am showing is because I am big chested and my chest has always stuck out farther than my tummy.. But not now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search