Has anyone else been told they have low progesterone?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Regular
Ok, I can't take this rollercoaster ride anymore. My Hcg levels have been rising pretty well - just shy of doubling every two days. Today my doctor threw in the mix that my progesterone is not very high. She said that she has seen normal pregnancies with this level but then she was calling from home and did not know my level off hand. I am so stressed out - i don't know if I can make it through this. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Has this happened to anyone? Does this mean a miscarriage is inevitable?
January 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
I had this with both of my pregnancies. It does NOT mean that you will definitely mc. My first pregnancy my level was a 6, and I did miscarry. My second pregnancy my level was a 13 and I did not miscarry and we now have our Grace. All docs are different, but my doc likes to see the progesterone level at a 20. I hope this works out well for you!

April 4th, 2006, 02:09 AM
IhaveAnAngelInside's Avatar Veteran
Oh my god! I know this is late but I had to reply anyway.

I found out that I was pregnant at 5 weeks, 6 days. At 6 weeks, 4 days I went to the hospital because of spotting. I woke up from a nap with some bleeding, and from what I guess it only lasted less than an hour. Of course I was scared to death, and I wanted to go and make sure the baby was okay. I went and they did an ultrasound. It revealed I had a subchorianic hemorrhage which is bleeding between the placenta and uterus. At the ER they told me to see my doctor immediately the next day. They said to stay on bedrest and take it easy because there was nothing more that they could do for me. I went to my doctor the next day for my first doctor visit. They did the basic prenatal visit and testing, and told me to come back in a week for an ultrasound to see if the bleed had sealed. The DR said the bleed had to of sealed up because I wasn't bleeding anymore, but they just wanted to make sure. She said I didn't have to stay on bedrest but to just take it easy. I had so much Christmas shopping to do! I couldn't be on bedrest anyway! At the second ultrasound a week later my doctor told me it was basically the baby still burrowing itself to me and didnt make it out to be that serious. Then less than a week later after the ER and my first visit, the day after Christmas my doctor called and said she saw that I had low progesterone. I was at a level 5 when it should have been over 11 at 7 weeks! She prescribed me progesterone over the phone to take and I picked it up and started taking it that night. Every other day for two weeks I had to go in for blood tests to make sure my level was rising. Then after the two weeks they did at least weekly blood tests until 13 weeks. My doctor didn't make it seem as serious as it was. She said that it would be fine, many ladies have this, and that they would just monitor me well. I went almost two months with barely any progesterone, and my little guy survived. Now I am 21 weeks, 3 days along! It is so scary to read your posts because I knew it was serious but she didnt say that she was surprised I didnt lose him! I'm so thankful they found it in time!

<div align="center"></div>

You are cordially invited to view Brandon John's Castle Nursery!

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures at *+HeartlessGypsy's Myspace+*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search