Feeling movement...

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I've been feeling fluttering and kicking (or punching, who knows) since about week 14 or 15. This is my first pregnancy and I am about 30-40lbs above what would be top end of normal weight for me.. Why do all the books say I may not be able to feel anything until later because I'm heavier? I don't see what fat has to do with feeling movement on the inside.. I can understand why it may take longer to feel movement from the outside (like hand on tummy), but not from the inside... Am I just completely dense or are they? LOL!
Jess

January 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Ashes78
I think they are..lol. I don't see what difference it would make either.
January 16th, 2006, 07:04 PM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
I've often wondered this myself I was overweight with my daughter and I felt her at 18wks. I am still overweight this pg, and I have felt movement since 14wks pg.

I guess these people are clueless

January 17th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Lynettesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynettesmommy
I think it really depends on the person and how in tuned with your body and the different feelings. I think I felt my baby move at about 16 or so weeks and I weighed almost 260 before I got preggo. Dont listen to them.
January 17th, 2006, 11:55 AM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figured they must be wrong! LOL! I feel the little booger kicking around in there right now.. I'm hoping it stays awake long enough to find out what it is in an hour... Cross your fingers for me!
Jess

January 17th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWwww you guys are lucky.. I'm overweight, and I didn't feel my baby until about 20-21 weeks.. I had like one or two "twinges" before then, but I tell ya, I was really starting to get worried about it all.

I still don't seem to feel it as much as other people. For some girls, it apparently even HURTS.. I mean, I do feel it, but not constantly like alot of girls in the Feb DDC describe.. I WISH I felt it that much.. it's so entertaining!!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
January 17th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
AWwww you guys are lucky.. I'm overweight, and I didn't feel my baby until about 20-21 weeks.. I had like one or two "twinges" before then, but I tell ya, I was really starting to get worried about it all.

I still don't seem to feel it as much as other people. For some girls, it apparently even HURTS.. I mean, I do feel it, but not constantly like alot of girls in the Feb DDC describe.. I WISH I felt it that much.. it's so entertaining!!![/b]

I'm so glad you said you dont feel it as much as some of the other ladies in your DDC.. because thats how I am too. I DO feel him every day but I think it is less than some of the others in my group. I didnt really start feeling him until about weeks 22 or so.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
January 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling the baby at 21 weeks.

They also said you won't show much if you are over weight.

They were wrong about that too.

So Crunchy
January 21st, 2006, 01:18 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I have felt twinges, but I am saying they are just more ligament pains or my uterus streching. This is my first so I don't expect to feel anything for awhile. I wish I could feel it now like so many on my DDC!

As for showing, I can tell my body has changed. I told my SIL the other day that I think my weight is just re-distributing. I have even lost around 12 lbs since I went to my regualr doctor for another problem and then did a urine test. I don't have as much back fat and my bbs and belly look like it's expanding. DH even notices a change (he is really nice about it though). I still look "fat" rather than pregnant.....we will see when I actually look "pregnant".

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search