Amandas Journey

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I know that two weeks before Christmas is not the best time to begin but its time! I'm sick of it!
Here are some pictures of me..
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1385886

Ok on to the good or should I say bad stuff lol

Todays weight (12/14) is 251 size 22/24
I will take measurements when I buy a tape measure.

Wish me luck!!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
December 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you started a journal! You can do it!
December 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I find that starting a journal is really helpful I was loosing some weight, I have stopped journalling temporarily until I find out for sure if I am pregnant, and if I am I am quite sure it is because I was loosing weight, last time I got pregnant I was on a diet, weird huh. I know you will do great and you will have all the support you need, just say the word!

December 14th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you girls! One of the reasons I need to lose weight too is because of PCOS and DH and I were TTC baby #2 but I hate taking clomid to ovulate lol so I'm hoping when I lose the weight I will start to ovulate by myself! If nothing but to have a regular cycle again! I am on CD 90 right now.. I haven't had a period in 3 months!!! I'm so glad I found this forum! Thanks again!

December 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
never to early to get a head start!

I have been on it for 1 month and have lost give her take 3lbs ( which is not as much as I would have liked but I am sticking with it )

we are here for each other girl

keep your journal updated and it will make you feel better!!!

sending lots of good luck vibes! you can do it

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
December 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well today I got up and the scale said 249.5 so thats 1.5lbs lol but i go up and down..

I woke up too late to eat breakfast and for lunch all i had was a 5 pc chicken nugget from wendys- i know thats bad but atleast i didn't have a double cheese burger! ha ha..

When David gets paid on Friday (im a sahm) I am going to load up my fridge and freezer with meats, veggies and fruits!

We are having a pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. My pantry is looking pretty shabby right now so I think the meat is all I'll be eating. I will probably make some roasted potatoes for DH.

I also found an article yesterday that said PCOS will make you actually crave carbs! THAT SUCKS! The one thing that just makes us fat and our body craves it! Well, Dang it, I'm taking back control over my own body! No bread or potatoes anymore!

I hope and pray I can stick to this lol

December 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still at 249.5 this morning. I know I wont lose every day so that was fine. I think I did ok today. I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning but for lunch I ate chicken teriyaki and veggies (cabbage, carrots, broccoli) and then for dinner I had grilled chicken with veggies (green and red bell peppers, onions, tomatoes) at a Mexican restaurant and it was YUMMY lol! Last night I got hungry and boiled and ate two eggs. lol. My hubby was sitting there eating cheese dip and chips tonight at the restaurant but I resisted! GO ME!

I had a dr appt today..well not really my mom had one but I go to the same dr so he went ahead and gave me my lab results. I have a little bit of high cholesterol at 138 and he gave me a prescription for Bentril (?) its a diet pill.. I have never heard of it so I'll try it! He gave me my rx for metformin for my pcos, and synthroid for my thyroid. Hopefully things will start looking up now! Well I have a really bad migraine so I'm gonna go lay down but thats my update for today!

December 16th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you go girl

I have high cholesterol also cant remember my number I have it wrote down somewhere
I am going to call a new family doctor the 1st of the year b/c I just got new insurance
keep me updated on how the Bentril works out and I will ask about it also

December 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will keep it updated on here about the Bontril!

Today was a great day! Hubby finally got paid so I went to walmart and went S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G! lol
First of all I went to CVS this morning and got all my scrips filled! I immediatly took everything! BUT, what I didn't think about was the fact that I didn't eat anything this morning before taking my meds so of corse half way through shopping I get a little sick to my stomach. So I grabbed a small bag of cheddar ruffles (i know, horrible choice) but I only ate 2 or 3 of the chips! Just enough to make my stomach feel better! And then I continued shopping! I finished my christmas shopping, which included my little girl her first bike! I cant wait for her to see it! And a WHOLE lot of fish, chicken and veggies! lol I got different kinds too! I got bags of frozen talipia, frozen samon, fresh samon, blackened talipia, lemon peppered talipa, scallops (which I LOVE) and I got chicken (regular and individually sealed) I got the sealed ones so that I can just make one serving for me when dh isn't home! I also got a few healthy choice dinners, a turkey roast which I'm having for dinner tonight! And I got A TON of veggies that are in individual steamer bags! I got strawberry pops and weight watcher oatlmeal cookies for if I have a sugar attack! lol I also got some fruit roll ups, those are for my daughter but they only have like 50 cal each so I can have one if I want lol.. I bought ready serve bacon and eggs for breakfast and grape fruit juice to drink (which is horrible by the way but its part of my diet). Of corse I still got all of our regular foods for dh. He would die if he had to eat how i'm eating lol. So our grocery bill was almost $400 but I DONT CARE! ha ha.. Healthy doesn't always taste good and it is hardly EVER cheap! ha ha.. I also got a book called Eat This, Not that and it lists almost every resturaunt and it tells you what you should eat vs. what you shouldn't and it even has the frozed meals and just everything really! Its an awesome book and I enjoy looking at it! I think it will really help me out too when we go out to eat! So anyways, I'm really excited about getting this weight off. I can't wait to be comfortable in my own skin again!

Scale still said 249.5 this morning lol but I heard it takes atleast 4 or 5 days to show weight loss, so include me in your prayers please! I need to get healthy and stay around as long as i can for my baby girl! Thanks for reading!

December 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The scale moved a little! ha ha.. I'm at 247.5 this morning so thats about 4 lbs total. I started my bontril, synthroid and metformin yesterday too. Hopefully the synthroid will help regulate my thyroid and the metformin will help with my insulin resistance and the bontril will help control my appetite. All that should = weight loss! lol For breakfast today I had two scrambled eggs and two pieces of ready cook bacon and a 8oz glass of grape fruit juice. Grape fruit by the way is freakin nasty! lol but I have heard that it helps with the weight loss so I'm willing to give it a try! Last night for dinner I had turkey roast with brown gravy and broccoli and carrots I think I'm doing pretty darn good. If I can just keep it up! Thats the hard part. I'm trying not to look at it as a diet but rather a change in eating habits! Today for lunch I am going to have a salad with crab meat and thousand island dressing.. I know that might sound nasty to some but I think its really good. I would have never thought of eating crab meat in a salad until I worked at walmart a few years back and they had a salad prepackaged like that and I tried it once. Ever since, I love it. Serenity is sitting next to me eating a fruit roll up..i want one and I know I could because it doesnt have many calories, but i'm not lol Well anyways, I'll probably update again either tonight or tomorrow. Until then, thanks for reading!

December 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amanda you are doing great! Wow your really going to drop the pounds if you stay on it. Is DH really supportive and excited? Can't wait to hear what you've lost this coming week!
December 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! And yes, dh is very supportive. After all, if I look better Im sure he will like it lol. Tonight for dinner I had my left over turkey roast and steamed broccoli and the glass of grape fruit juice. Just an FYI on the grape juice lol, I figured out why you lose weight with it...lets just say I spent a little while in the bathroom today ha ha.. But, I guess thats what its for, cleaning your system out. I told my mom that grape fruits were made by the devil because they taste aweful and attach your insides lol..jk..I took all my meds again today. I find that I'm sweating alot more during the day, I guess this weight is coming out of my skin too, which is fine by me! I can't wait to see what my weight is at the dr when I go on the 6th. I have a dr appt on the 23rd for a pap and then again on the 29th for a gastro dr but I wont go back and see the dr that gave me the meds until the 6th. It will be about 3 weeks in between visits so i should be able to see some weight come off. I HOPE! I wish I had the money for either the lapband or gastric bypass but I just dont. I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. Well girls, I'm about to call it a night! Tomorrow is another day and hopefully another pound to lose!!!

December 19th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today the scale said 245! A few more pounds gone. I finally got up the courage to take some pictures last night of just me in my night gown and panties. I lifted up my night gown so I could get a good picture of my stomach, butt, and legs and OMG i look terrible! Its weird because I see it in the mirror every day but some how seeing a picture of it was different. I am just going to take the never look back approach! This is ridiculous! Last night I had left over turkey roast from the night before and a little bit of broccoli. Today is my 3rd day on bontril. So far not any harsh side effects. This am for breakfast I had two scrambled eggs, two slices of bacon and a glass of grape fruit juice. For lunch I'm thinking crab meat salad again and I'm not sure about dinner yet. I'll up date again later! Happy Friday!

December 19th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, like I said before for breakfast I had two scrambled eggs, two pieces of bacon and a glass of grapefruit juice. For a snack around 12 I had a 4 piece chicken nugget at mcdonalds which I know is not very good but I was hungry and we were out lol, then when i got home around 2 I had a salad with crab meat and my grapefruit juice and then for dinner i had baked salmon and greenbeans and the grape fruit juice lol. I put everything into my calorie counter and it barely made 1200 calories so i think i still did good! Still no breads, pastas or potatoes! GO ME! Those things are my weakness too. I have surprised myself. I know its only been like 3 or 4 days but if I keep on trucking along I should get it off I will update in the morning with my weight! I hope everyone had a great day today!

December 20th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Scale said 244.5 this am. Another 1/2 lb gone I know the scale isn't going to show a change every single day so I might start weighing myself every two days. That way I dont get discouraged lol..Well, off to cook my breakfast! And then I have to take Serenity to see santa claus at the mall

December 20th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
you are doing really good

I have been doing this for a little over a month and have only lost about 4lbs

check you out girl

cant wait to see some progression pics

have a good day today

December 20th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I think I am partly willing it off! lol jk.. but I wish my body fat would just realize how much i hate it and would go away! ha ha ha.. I took Serenity to see santa today and it was soo cute! We did some shopping and walked all the way around the mall so atleast i got some exercise! ha ha.. I had my crab meat and salad again for lunch. I have taken some pork chops out for dinner. I love baked pork chops! I think I will have that and probably corn for dinner tonight! I am hoping we can go take Serenity to look at christmas lights tonight. I swear down here in Savannah you wouldn't know it was christmas time if you didn't have a calendar! lol I saw a car today with the top down lol.. Everyone is wearing shorts and tank tops still. I hate it though, I wish we did have some snow! Well, I will update again tomorrow! Have a great day!

December 21st, 2008, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Scale showed 243.5 this morning!! WHOO HOO! lol I'm just waiting for it scaled to hit that plataue that sits there for a while lol This morning when my daughter got up at like 3:30 I ate a banana.. I was so hungry! Last night for dinner I had baked pork chops and corn for dinner and then we took Serenity to see "Nights of Lights" a christmas lights display and dh wanted to stop at mcdonalds for ice cream so I had a fruit and yogart parfait. It was REALLY good! I looked it up and its only 160 calories lol. Today we have a christmas party to go to so hopefully I wont give in to the table of chips and stuff lol. I'm getting kinda hungry now with all this talk of food so I'm gonna go cook my eggs! 8lbs down! Like 60 more to go ha ha..

December 21st, 2008, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well today I strayed a little..lol not too bad. I've been sticking to mainly meats and veggies but today we went to a christmas party and I ate a small scoop of mac and cheese, two pigs in a blanket (that all the bad stuff), some strawberries, green beens, turkey and deviled eggs. But besides that all I had was my breakfast this morning. So all that was for lunch and dinner. Hopefully I didn't splurge too bad on my calorie intake. Do you ever get the feeling your almost afraid to eat? thats how I feel sometimes! Well, I will find out in a couple days I guess! On another note my dh gave me one of my christmas presents early- a foot bath I got everything I asked for I know but I haven't gotten them yet. I asked for a foot bath, a smoothie maker and an address book. I know he got all that and he also got me a vibrating seat cushion that covers the whole seat I have such a sweet dh cause we said we weren't going to get each other anything. lol.. well anyways, I'll update again tomorrow!

December 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Scale was at 243 this am.. 1/2 lbs lost total of 8 lbs lost so far. I ate terrible today I ate breakfast like regular, two eggs, two slices of bacon and grape fruit juice, then at lunch i had a salad and for dinner i had a 10 pc nuggets from mcdonalds which i just know blew my whole day lol but oh well. I didn't eat anything other than that but the nuggets make me feel bad about today. I dont know why I do that to myself! lol Well, i will find out in a couple days i guess! Well, i'm not in a writing mood today so I'm gonna get off here but I will update again tomorrow!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search