when did you first hear the heartbeat at the DR's office?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy gatita
i was wondering, being plus size girls, when most of you heart the babys heartbeat for the first time with the doppler at a check up? i have heard my babys when i had my first u/s done at 8 weeks, but today at just about 12 weeks, the doc could not hear it. and being the doll he is, i think did not want to say it was due to my size. he told me the baby is deep in the pelvis and such. my cervix is closed so i am still pregnant. with my other 2 i did not have this problem, but then again i was a good 85lbs lighter. now, i am well over 300lbs. i was embarrassed to ask in my due date club because i know most of the girls are not as big as me and actually, i am still embarrassed to ask here. the doc assured me that everything was fine, and i do not doubt him one bit, it was just frustrating and yes, i left the office crying. i really wanted to hear my little beaners heartbeat. has anyone else experienced this? thanks alot!

January 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:HUGS: Don't feel bad asking in here... Isn't this what we're all here for?? None of us will judge you at all.. coz we loooooove you!!!!

The first time I heard the baby's heartbeat in the Doctors office, was at my 18 week appt.. I was getting worried too, and self concious, but I'd heard it at an ultrasound before that, so I knew it was ok.. Don't let yourself worry over that one, because you just don't need to do that to yourself..

The doctor also told me that my baby most likely had it's back to the heartbeat thingie, which would just make it that much more difficult to find the right spot.. He's not a doctor that would just say anything to make me feel better too.. let me tell ya lol

I hope this helps...Have a gooooood day!! You're pregnant!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
January 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
With Braxton and Walker it was around 12 weeks. But with this pregnancy it took longer.. Not because of my size but because I had just had Braxton not long before and my uterus was still stretched. We didn't here this time until almost 18 weeks..
January 18th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Veteran
thanks, it does make me feel alot better, its been over 8 years since my last baby, so i forget, lol. it does make me worry a bit, only because of this icky brown discharge i had sunday now a tiny bit today, but again, doc tells me not to worry, but i am queen worrier, lol. i guess its cause i want this baby so bad, i am more prone to worrying about every little thing, but the nurses and the doc are awesome and do not at all mind my millions of questions. thanks again for making me feel so welcome and comfortable, it is really appreciated! *hugs*

January 18th, 2006, 07:44 PM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
I first heard it with my daughter when I was 13 wks pg.
With this pg, I got my first u/s when I was 11 wks, and we seen the heart beat, so my dr didn't check to see if we could hear it. We heard the heartbeat when I was 15 wks 1d (actually according to u/s I was 14w 3d. u/s is measuring 5days behind)

January 19th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Sassykat27
I had a Dr.'s appt. today for my supposed 12 week check-up (I am actually 14w5d), but they couldn't get me in until now, she tried to check if she could hear the HB today too, but to no avail. I was kind of upset, but can't let it worry me. I have my 18 week U/S in a few weeks so I will feel better then when I can see and hear the baby.
January 20th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just went to doc. appt. yesterday at 12 weeks, and they could not hear the heartbeat. It was dissapointing, but I am not worried. My doc gave me the same excuse: the baby was too deep in the pelvic area or something. I heard the heartbeat, and saw it too when I had my u/s at 8 weeks.
January 20th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Veteran
thanks for all the great feedback, you girls have all made me feel alot better!

January 21st, 2006, 02:11 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Darlene, don't feel bad for not asking on the DDC! I don't ask a lot of things either because I think I am probably just worrying about something that could be nothing (this is my first and I am a super worrier too!!!). I haven't even been to the doctor yet, so I haven't heard the heartbeat yet either (and I will be almost 13 weeks when I have my appointment).

I am just over 250 lbs and actually have been loosing instead of gaining. I blame my m/s and lack of appetite!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

January 21st, 2006, 06:53 PM
Veteran
yay, a fluffy girl from the DDC, lol. i know about being super worried, i have now been 2 days without m/s and i think..hmmm, am i still preggers? until i hear that heartbeat again i am not going to stop worrying. and i know thats not good either. i have lost 26 lbs due to m/s, otherwise i would be thrilled, lol. i hope its this easy afterwards. i go to the dr more often cause of my age and all, so in feb i will be there twice, 5 days apart, they took me really early too, i was maybe just 8 weeks, so i have had my second appt already. i so wish i was only 250.....*sighs* someday.

January 22nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heard mine at 12 weeks but it was not strong enough to read a number on the doppler the Dr had to count and see what it was.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to macsmom Send a message via Yahoo to macsmom
Popping in from June DDC.

Ladies, what you are feeling is NORMAL. I have had 2 U/S and the HB were strong and I was able to feel this little guy kicking at about 15 weeks. We were not able to hear the HB at the OBGYN office until my 18 week appointment. They tried prior to, but could not find one and I was very worried. My Dr. was also amazing and told me that it was nothing to worry about, but to hang in there and we will find it the next time. I felt better, but not great. I went home and did what ever I could so I could feel this little guy kick or roll or what ever he is doing in there. Finally he did and now I worry if I don't have regular movement.

The bottom line is that we spend our whole 9 or 10 months worrying about things we have no control over. It has a tendancy to rule our lives long before we even give birth. This is not a bad thing, but we need to relax and enjoy every minute and pray for a HEALTY baby. That is our job as a mother and our job will never be done once we give birth. Just remember that!!!!

Take care

January 22nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Mom2Mason&1dueinAug06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mom2Mason&1dueinAug06 Send a message via MSN to Mom2Mason&1dueinAug06 Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Mason&1dueinAug06
I heard the heartbeat at my first appt. at six weeks and three days and again at my second appt. at ten weeks, both by u/s. I have my next appt. on Feb. 3rd and I imagine she will be using the doppler at that time. When I was pg. with my ds, I heard his hb for the first time at ten weeks, because I had only found out a week prior that I was pg. and this was my first appt. I was very worried about this pregnancy, at first, but only because I'd had two previous miscarriages, but about five weeks ago, I decided I could sit and worry throughout this entire pregnancy, or I could try and enjoy it. I was making myself sick with worry, so I had to really make myself think positive. I really do not worry much now and I only really get nervous before an appt. when it's time to hear/see the baby. It's so hard to not worry, though.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Free Glitter Graphics

Proud mom to Mason (11/27/03) and Baby T. on the way (8/4/06)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
January 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
meganwi77's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I heard his heartbeat at the 10 week appointment, but there was a med student in the room and she was the one who tried to find it first and couldn't. Then my doctor tried and was able to find it pretty quick. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search