I have a few questions

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Regular
Hello Everyone!

I'm Kristen. I am obviously overweight or I wouldnt be here. Now I want to have a baby with my husband. BUT I am overweight. I am one of the lucky ones who can lose it with no problem because I am young and happy and all that good stuff. well not exactly happy but i will live. so yea. uhmm...I have the problem with my husband not being as supportive. I lost 30 lbs and looked like i weighed 160 but actually i was 215 and now i am up to 275 now I am only 19 and married for almost 2 yr to my wonderfull but sometimes inconsiderate husband who happens to be 6'2 and 130lbs not verry good for me cuz it doesnt help and im only 5'4 and I want to have a child sooooo bad. BUT I want to be able to see my belly grow every week instead of a few months down the line. You know what I mean? How all of those skinny girls get to. and it just saddens me that If i get pregnant now I wont be able to. as HAPPY as I would be to get pregnant im starting to wonder if I should wait till after this summer and into this coming winter so as to see if I can shed my weight. I want to be 160. but I would settle for like 180 before I try. that would be a great thing to do. but at the moment here in michigan cant do much for exerscise so yea. anyways. i was wondering if any of you ladies had any sugestings about this considering some of you have had childern or havent or are pg now. and stuff. and i was wondering if you could would you have waited to become pg till after you lost the weight? so that you could feel just a lil more normal? i dont know i just want to get THE MOST outta my pregnancy. cuz who knows I may only ever have one child. i already had one m/c and after that i gained LOTS of weight and im just worried what if my weight had something to do with it. and my docotor tried to tell me i didnt have one and all that bull and yea. im just worried can anyone help me? please if you can let me know.

-Kristen-
January 31st, 2006, 07:20 AM
Ashes78
If I were you I would do whatever you think is best..just go with your heart. I was going to lose weight before having Xander. I started thinking about it and came up with the conclusion that it would be better to have him, then lose the weight. I didnt want to lose weight only to gain it with the pregnancy and have to lose it again..kwim.
January 31st, 2006, 01:55 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Well, I am almost 16 weeks and weighed in at my highest (around 260) in December. Since then I have actually been gradually loosing weight. Last time I weighed myself I was 248. My SIL had the same thing happen to her on her last pregnancy and she was overweight.

As for noticing changes, you will, they just won't be drastic like the skinny girls. I noticed changes with my body a lot in the second and third month - and I am also loosing weight because of m/s and lack of appetite!

This pregnancy wasn't planned for us....we were going to wait one more year. I wasn't waiting to loose the weight, we just wanted certain things before beginning to try. But we have been given a great gift and will roll with it. I am planning on doing a lot of walking with the baby after it is born and when it is old enough, there are a couple churches in my area that do a "Mom's Day Out" and I will be joining a gym (Curves).

I used to live in a cold climate, so I know how dreary it is to exercise when it is so frigid outside, but do you think you could join Curves or something? As for hubby, maybe you could get him to join you in the exercising. His attitude towards you and your weight is something you and he are going to have to work out on your own. Sit down and talk to him, ask him if he is aware at how it makes you feel when he says whatever he does. Maybe tell him that his comments and attitudes make you feel worse about yourself, not better and that they aren't helping the situation. Maybe then you could see if he would like to join a gym with you. I think most Bally Gyms are doing Buy one get one free memberships!

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Best of luck with your DH!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 4th, 2006, 09:29 AM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies, do what feels right for you. Personally, if I'd waited to lose weight before getting pregnant, I'd never have a baby! As it is, I just saw my OB before we started TTC, got a clean bill of health, then off we went. (And got pregnant the first month trying!) I was 230 when I got pregnant, I've gained about 9 lbs at 31wks. I do think it's possible that I wouldn't be as physically uncomfortable as I am if I'd weighed less when I'd become pregnant, but that's really impossible to know for sure. Otherwise, I've had the joy of watching my body change and my belly get bigger (and it certainly has gotten bigger!) And feeling my little boy wiggling all over the place is wonderful (if sometimes a bit uncomfortable ). One thing that made the difference in timing for me is that I'm in my early 30's, and DH is in his late 30's, so we really didn't want to wait much longer to start trying. Good luck with what ever you decide!

</div>
February 5th, 2006, 07:52 AM
syncere
(if this isnt what you meant dont pay any attention)
your doc said you didnt have a m/c? if thats what he said you probably didnt unless you actually had an u/s to verify pregnancy chances are you may not have been.. Its been known to happen to get false positives on tests but, anywho the matter at hand...

Your belly will still get bigger or look more pregnant as you go along regardless if you are heavy or skinny. Sure it might not look like a thin womans would but, that doesnt mean anything thats just outside. I understand wanting to have that belly I wanted it too.. But, I still got very round and you defintely could see my pregnancy belly with no problems and I am overweight too..

Now about weightloss you should loose it for health reasons not just for pregnancy.. Being 5'4 and 275 is not going to be good for you if you maintain that weight for a long period of time. Especially if it was rapid weight gain. Some women go their entire lives overweight and never have one health issue then there are others who have a lot due to weight.. My biggest was 250 at 5'7(after my sons pregnancy) and Ill tell you my body felt that extra weight. So in my advice I would try to lose the weight before pregnancy only because its harder to get off after believe me.. I still have some weight from my son and just had my daughter almost a month ago. Being overweight isnt bad if you dont mind the weight. Regardless you would still deliver a beautiful baby so the choice is yours.
February 7th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Stacia
I'm 5'7 and weighed 206 just before I got pregnant and was on a low-carb diet and losing weight. I am now only seven weeks pregnant and weigh 195. I have switched to a diet that is higher in carbs and less in fat because I need the energy. In the first trimester the baby uses a lot of your energy's resources. If you go to a dietician they will help you plan out a diet that is good for the baby and will allow you to use the resources your body already has and assist you in gaining minimal weight during your pregnancy.

I personally wanted to wait and get pregnant after I had lost some weight, mainly for health reasons. I have had one stillborn and two m/c's. I wanted to be fit and healthy the next time I got pregnant to give the baby the best chance. So far so good, I am past the point of both m/c's and the stillborn was brough on by heatstroke.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search