Preggo bellies?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
To all of you further along or who already have kids... how long did it take before your preggo belly started looking round instead of just chubby? lol.. I'm 15 weeks today and while I'm definitely thicker in the middle there are still two chubby rolls instead of just one! Will my belly button ever pop out and make it all blend in or am I doomed to be the lumpy pregnant woman for the next 6 months?

February 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's different for everyone. I think I was 20+ weeks before I really had the rounded belly going. As for the belly button, I'm not sure if mine will ever actually pop

</div>
February 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cwatson Send a message via Yahoo to cwatson
I can't believe that I am going to write this but I also have two rolls... on above my belly button and one below it. The area around my belly button is way thinner than where the rolls are. I am just over 18 weeks right now and am not able to fit in regular pants so I've been wearing the over the belly pants with those on I definitely look like I have a round belly even though I still have two distinct rolls. It is getting better as my uterus moves up... soon I'm hoping to have a round belly and then I MIGHT post a belly pic!!!

~Carol

February 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Well.. it's good to know there's hope!

Here's my 15 week belly pic. I don't think I look preggo yet.. just extra, extra chubby!

February 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my preggo bellie is posted a few posts down.. but I will say this

I think I was born with the deepest belly button ever created. its like the bottomless pit.. never ending. I dont think it will ever pop.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
February 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 already, 14, 4, and 2. My belly button never popped out but it did get flat. I swear I'm already outgrowing some of my shirts this time around! My dh doesn't believe me. It probably is all in my head cause I know I'm pg and nobody else does yet. I just don't want anything hanging out that's not supposed to be!!

Kristi
February 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
I'm sure your belly will get nice and round you look to be smaller than me. My belly button never did pop out though... heres some pics..

20weeks (just looked chunkyyy)

25 weeks (big change in 5 weeks)

and 37 weeks (nice and round)
February 7th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Liz & Jill-- your bellies are adorable!!! I'm just so excited to be pregnant I want the whole world to know, lol. And right now I don't think you can tell just by looking. I've been thinking about getting some of those funny preggo shirts heh... but they're so expensive!

It seems like time is creeping by lately.. maybe because I spend a lot of time in the July DDC and I'm not due until the 31st. Maybe I should hang out with the August gals more. Then I won't always be the very last one to experience everything!! I can't wait until we find out the gender of this little one. Then I can go into full-blown nursery decorating mode

February 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
I've been wondering when I will "pop" I feel like people just look at me like I am getting fatter - not pregnant. I am almost 15 weeks, so I'm hoping I get a bump pretty soon.

I've heard if you start wearing maternity shirts, you can't see the "rolls" - which I have.

February 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
It is actually quite funny...... There is not much difference when I wear regular clothinb but can definately see a "belly" when I wear the maternity shirts.... Not a big one yet.... but its there....

I kinda wish it would hurry up! 22 weeks and well..... yeah... I want a preggo belly!

You girls all loook great!
February 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
I definitely think you look prego! i'll post one of me at 36 weeks. With clothes on I looked nice and round, but I remained a little lumpy till the end. You look much smaller than me though.

36weeks6days

After Baby!

February 13th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Aww! I can't wait to have a big ole belly like yours!!

Right now I'm still in my normal clothes mixed with a few pair of mat. jeans (size 18 pre-pregnancy). I can still zip my regular pants all the way but I'm using rubberbands instead of buttoning them for a bit of extra room. I can't wait to get full-blown into maternity clothes though! I'm looking forward to cute tops and stuff in spring

February 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To the girls who talk about having the 2 bellies. I am right with you. My stomach went like that after i had a c-section. I look pregnant in maternity clothes, but without them i look fat. I am chubby to begin with, but i want my belly to get big quickly. To all the girls that showed their belly pics, i think you look great.

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
February 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Thanks! I was retaining LOTS of fluid. I had lost about 40 lbs. by my ONE WEEK pp check up. YIKES! The bruises are from my insulin injection sites.

February 18th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I am heavy in the first place.. With this pregnancy it has taken me longer.. I just know started showing.. at 32+ weeks
February 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
My belly's finally starting to round out!

But I've still got that annoyingly obvious innie.

17 weeks

February 20th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Leslie=)'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies=), first time posting here! When I was pg, I felt like I hardly showed at all til about 8 months along! I carried low and wide across my hips and back until she got bigger and had to come up higher. I just looked fatter and fatter, LOL=)!!! I didn't even really ever have to wear maternity shirts, and I bought regular pants with elastic waists, just in a couple of bigger sizes. I felt I kind of got cheated in some ways, KWIM . BUT, the plus side is, I only gained 8 pounds during my pregnancy and am about 30 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight now !!! So anyway, here are a couple of pics...

Me and DH, I was about 32-33 weeks

Me in the nursery at 38 weeks
February 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I am just starting to round out too....I am almost 19 weeks. I say that if I give myself 2-5 more weeks I will have a nice preggo looking belly.

I am gonna have DH take a picture tonight.

Yesterday at Babies R Us I was a little worried people wouldn't think I was preggo, but walking around the store with the registry clicker helped out.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to svantassell
I'm 33 weeks and have a round belly with the indentation still there at the belly bottom line I really dont think its ever going to go away, atleast not for me!
February 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
CandiceN's Avatar Sam & Alex's mommy!
I'm 31w4d and while I look like I have a round belly in maternity clothes, I still have 2 very distinct rolls when naked. It's kinda annoying, but at least I know Sam's in there, he never stops moving!!

I'm doubting I'll ever get the nice round belly I always wanted.

My boys are my life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search