Daily Questions

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
How many kids do you want to have??

How many kids does your dh want to have??

2 biological and 1 adopted

3 biological and 1 adopted

March 17th, 2009, 09:28 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me: 4-6 (no odd numbers! DH is the middle of 3 and I can't do that to my child!)

him: 8. He already has them named

we will both take what we can comfortably afford though

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 17th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Wow that's a lot of lil one's Chelsea!!!

March 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I want three

He wants 1-2
March 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I have always wanted a huge family. I think its the curse of being an only child. I absolutely HATE being an only child! Sam also wants a big family..which he blames on being a "Catholic farmer" - when really it just comes down to him LOVING kids

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
March 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I think that's great Chelsea, I just would not have enough space, or patience, I am sure you and Sam will be great parents though. I had two sisters, but dh sort of grew up by himself, he has a sister but she is 21 years older than him, so when he was born she was already married and expecting twins of her own, so dh of course wants at the very least 2.

March 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
How many kids do you want to have?? 2

How many kids does your dh want to have?? Just this one.
March 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I want 3, but no less than 2. I don't want to have an only child. I used to want more, but as I've grown older I don't think I could handle more than 3 or 4. I loved having two brothers. And then of course my sister, but she was adopted after I was so old I was barely around to really count.

DH wants 1 or 2.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I agree with you Annaka i definitely don't want Caleb to be an only child either, i just can't imagine how lonely that would be.

March 18th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
A similar question... How far apart would you "ideally" have your children?

I like the distance that my brothers and I were. I'm 3 years older than my brother and I thought that was a good distance. DH wants no more than 2 years apart and definitely not 4 or 5 years apart.

I'm just not sure I want boom boom boom (not that there would be a third boom since DH only wants 2 pregnancies. If there are multiples in the pregnancies congratulations to me. But no more than 2 pregnancies). I want enough time to really treasure the young years of each child. However, I'd rather have them in close succession than not have more than one child at all. DH has said that if it gets more than 3 years after the 1st one then he'll just get a vasectomy because he doesn't want them very far apart.

March 18th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I wanted there to only be about 2 1/2 to 3 years between them, but it's looking like it will be at least 4 years between them, which makes me want to cry, my sister was four years older than me and she was so much older than me that we had nothing in common, i was just a pain in her butt, hopefully i will have lost a good bit of weight by may so that we can hopefully get our bfp soon.

March 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Do you get along with your sister now, Vicki?

My brother and I, like I said, were 3 years apart. And when we were really young, we would get on each others nerves a lot. But as we grew older, like when I hit about high school age, we became best friends and could hardly be separated. Unfortunately now we live so far away and he's not much of an internet person and neither of us are phone people, we don't have much contact any more.

My other brother is 8 years younger than me (5 years younger than our middle brother) and I took care of him and was a "motherly" figure to him, but now he and I have the really close almost "best friend" type relationship.

And, my mom is 10 years older than her sister, but they're best friends.

March 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
We get along pretty well, she is older than me, but sometimes it seems the other way around, she is a single mommy and calls me frequently to ask for advice it's kinda strange but great, we are fairly close now, I am actually closest to my oldest sister who is 10 years older than me, the last 3 years before i got married I lived with her, I did not quite get along with my parents, so she's like a 2nd mom to me, caleb calls her maw maw.

March 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I want my kids to be close in age. No more than 2 years apart. DH and his brothers are spaced 5 years (Sam was the only planned one so it was not intentional)...He would have a brother who is about 16 months older than him, but his mom miscarried at 5 months.

There are 10 years between Max (oldest) and Dan (youngest) so none of them really have anything in common...they just fight a lot because Sam is by far the most mature (im not being biased... I think its because he is the middle child) and I want my kids to be close enough in age that they have common interests. max was into sports while sam was into horses and animals and dan was interested in toys, kwim?

We are planning on starting to try again probably asap...we wouldn't do IUI or anything again until september....right after baby's first bday

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
December 9th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Veteran
How many kids do you want to have?? 2 - baby #3 is on the way

How many kids does your dh want to have?? less 5
EDD: 07/03/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search