I'm a bit overweight...

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Reverie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm between 4-7 days late - very rare for me!

Anyway, I got a BFN a few days ago and I was wondering if the HCG levels were harder to detect if you are overweight?

Did you guys get a BFP The day you missed your period or did it take a while?

I'm seriously like 80% positive I'm preggo.. any help would be wonderful!
February 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
406kurby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I don't think being overweight should affect the hcg levels. I got my + 13 dpo. AF wasn't late yet, so I think it just depends on the person! With my last pg, I didn't get a + right away. I tested like on a Friday, got a negative and tested again on Monday, and got a postive! Good luck to you!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

February 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I didn't test until AF was weeks late since I was having irregular cycles to begin with, so I'm afraid I'm not much help there! But you can always give it a few days and test again! It couldn't hurt

February 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Hi! I don't think being overweight should affect the hcg levels. I got my + 13 dpo. AF wasn't late yet, so I think it just depends on the person! With my last pg, I didn't get a + right away. I tested like on a Friday, got a negative and tested again on Monday, and got a postive! Good luck to you![/b]

Thanks! I was getting conflicting info on the web (Some didn't show up until 10 weeks!!)
but it probably has to do with the individual person and not the weight..

Anyway, I have an appointment on the 15th, so I'll know sometime soon, thanks!
February 9th, 2006, 01:35 PM
406kurby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at your appointment!!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

February 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks, lol! By the time of my appointment, I should be almost 6 weeks! JEEZ! Haha.

But then again, AF could show up.. but I am not banking on it.. I did get a very very faint line on an HPT the other day but I just figured it was an evap line because it took about 5 minutes to show up.
February 10th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I don't know how you have such patience!

After my first positive hpt I went into the clinic to have it confirmed and then ended up taking another hpt before getting my results back! (I went in on a friday and had to wait alllll weekend for my results ) I just couldn't get enough of those two pink lines.

February 10th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
The day i was suppose to get my pd I decided to take a test and we were definately pregnant. Its showed up right away but i will tell you i took 3 hpts and then had the blood test done too. I wanted to make sure lol. Good luck at your appt.
February 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I waited a few days after my AF was due before i tested. I would try testing again. With my daughter its was a little over a week after AF was due before it came up +. Also your weight has nothing to do with the levels and don't let anyone tell you it does. Good luck!

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search