New Here!!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,
My name is Marina and I am so relieved to have found this board. I was looking at the preggo bellies thread and am SO relieved that other people think just like me!! I'm "just a little bit pregnant" and can't wait to see a belly, but i think i'm quite a far way off for that yet.
I also feel a bit scared that I will be treated different because I'm overweight. I'm currently a size 18.

You ladies are wonderful! This thread should be closer to the top of the forums board. I think there are many other women who would fit in this catagory quite happily, but didn't know about it.

Marina
February 14th, 2006, 07:16 AM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations!! I think how you get treated varies quite a bit. I was a sz 20-22 when I got preggers, and I've had no grief from anyone about my weight and pregnancy. Actually, the closest I've come to anyone commenting is my mother, who's concerned because I've only gained 9lbs so far. (But my doctor only wants me to gain 15lbs total, so I'm right on track). Frankly, the way I figure it: I'm healthy, the baby's healthy, anyone who feels the need to be difficult about my weight can stuff it (But I'm like that...)

</div>
February 14th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree! I'm a sz 18, too. I've always had healthy pregnancies and babies and I feel that if people don't like it, that's their problem! I've never had anyone say anything to me, but every once in a while you can just sense they're thinking "god, she's big already, why would she want to get pregnant?"
Anyways, !!!!! This is a great board!!

Kristi
February 14th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Ashes78
Welcome and congrats! If anyone treats you differently then they have a problem..not you.
February 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
February 15th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Welcome!!

I'm a sz 18 too and haven't had anybody treat me any differently since becoming pregnant. I think it's amazing what we're going through, creating new life-- people who want to focus on the negatives aren't people I want to associate with anyway!

I'm still waiting for the cute round belly. It's definitely getting bigger but in regular clothes you can hardly tell. Once spring hits I plan on wearing maternity clothes whether I need them or not. lol! I'm just going to enjoy being pregnant while it lasts!

February 15th, 2006, 07:17 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Welcome! I was a size 20 before I got pregnant. I still don't have my "bump" yet, so I hope people don't think that I am just getting fatter by the day.

I haven't had anyone say anything negative about my weight yet. My doctor is fine with everything so that's all I need to hear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search