Is it just me?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it just me or does anyone else feel very insecure about themselves. I hate feeling this way. I feel so bad for my husband because if a skinny little girl comes on tv or one of those Victoria Secret commercials come on, i get so mad at him for even watching it. I don't know why i am being this way. I mean i was a little insecure before, but i feel like its beyond what it should be. Its gotten to the point where i don't even what to have sex with him because i feel like he wants those girls instead of me. Am i crazy?????

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
February 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think you're crazy. Your body is full of raging pg hormones right now and your getting bigger as the baby grows! I think it's actually pretty normal to feel that way at some point during pregnancy! I know I did, and do. Just explain to dh why you're feeling that way and hopefully he will understand!!!

Kristi
February 14th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Ashes78
I am not even pregnant and I feel like that often.
February 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
Your not crazy.
When I was first with my husband I used to feel like that. But now I don't, and I feel silly if I feel like that. I have the greatest husband and he tells me everyday that I'm beautiful and he always tells me how much he loves me (we must sound corny, I know) We have a VERY healthy relationship, in all aspects.

February 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i feel the same way!..i try to block my bfs eyes when a girl is on tv in her bra and underwears..makes me feel uncomfortable and unwanted...i hate my body thats why i was trying to lose weight (lost 90 points) but im still overweight..and now im starting to gain some back and its killing me!

February 14th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for making me feel better. Now i know that i am not the only one that thinks this way. Thanks again!

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
February 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Stacia
I used to feel that way when I was in my early 20's, but now at 33 I could care less. I think in order to have a healthy relationship you need to be secure with yourself. Your partner loves you for you not for what you look like. It is human nature for us to look at other people and think "wouldn't mind a bit of that". I was watching The Pacifier last night and thought the very thing seeing Vin diesel wearing nothing but a towel...Yummy!!

It would be a very boring world if we were all a size 8!
February 15th, 2006, 06:21 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
I feel very bad about my body some times. It just feels like my belly is expanding at a crazy rate - and it doesn't have bump look - it's my fat rolls getting bigger.

My husband tells me all the time that I am beautiful and makes me feel better, but I still feel bad when I look in the mirror.

So, you are not alone.

February 16th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No matter what your size is whether its a 2 a 10 a 18,or 20+ we're all beautiful in everyway!

February 18th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
It is the hormones talking.... Just see it this way... If your hubby wanted someone else he would be with them not you.. I have been on the plus side for a long time.. And I feel if my hubby doesn't like it then he can move on.. A person has to accept themself before wanting someone to accept them.. If you are comfortable with yourself then it shows.. My hubby weighs 80 pounds less than me and is a bean pole.. I am short and fat and he is tall and lean.. And since I hold my head up high and don't let things bother me he parades me like I am the most beautiful thing in the world... Fat and all
February 21st, 2006, 12:25 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
I don't think your crazy, most women feel this way even though some may not say so, Nobody likes skinny women flashing and strutting their stuff on tv in front of your fella, but think the other way round...How does he feel when a Fit guy comes on tele? I know it don't seem the same coz women have more to flash than men, but men get just as bad as us women lol.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search