anyone worried?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2006, 06:59 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well before i found out i was pregnant i was trying to lose weight..i did lose 90 pounds but i was only in a size 16 so im still overweight well im worried that im going to gain to much weight..my dad said i looked like i was putting on weight!! im worried that im gonna gain all my weight back and that my bf will lose interest in me and that itll be harder for me to lose the second time around..its like i see skinny girls with this cute pregnant belly and i wonder what the heck am i gonna look like at the end of my pregnancy...i drink tons of water is that a good thing or bad? i would say i have over 8 glasses of water..is anyone else worried???

February 21st, 2006, 10:28 AM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost about 20lbs pre-pregnancy, then lost another 10 or 11 during my first trimester. I've still only put back on 6lbs, which my doctor seems to like. He said another 15-20lbs would be good, but we'll see.. I've had a really hard time putting on weight and keeping it on... Baby is fine though and I'm finally starting to show, so I guess all is good!! You will do fine though.. How far along are you?
Jess

February 21st, 2006, 11:46 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
My doctor told me that I can't drink enough water during pregnancy. So drink up as much H2O as you can stand!

It sounds like you were doing a great job losing weight before getting pregnant. I wouldn't worry about shedding those extra baby pounds afterward! We all have to go through it.

And plus-sized or not, we'll all have big old baby bellies by the time our due dates come around. Try to be patient!

February 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Nope, I am not worried......I have actually been loosing weight yet still can't fit in my old pants. You will be fine.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I have actually lost weight so far and i have three weeks till my third trimester and havent put on any weight, so far my docs arent worried because of how much i weigh but need me to put some on soon. i am scared because my mom gained over 50lbs with all three of her pregnancies and my aunt around 40 or so, i really am scared to gain more weight because how hard it is to get off

February 26th, 2006, 08:29 AM
wwwdotdawn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
well before i found out i was pregnant i was trying to lose weight..i did lose 90 pounds but i was only in a size 16 so im still overweight well im worried that im going to gain to much weight..my dad said i looked like i was putting on weight!! im worried that im gonna gain all my weight back and that my bf will lose interest in me and that itll be harder for me to lose the second time around..its like i see skinny girls with this cute pregnant belly and i wonder what the heck am i gonna look like at the end of my pregnancy...i drink tons of water is that a good thing or bad? i would say i have over 8 glasses of water..is anyone else worried???[/b]
I'm worried and I am not even pregnant yet. I need to lose a good 50 pounds

March 1st, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
As you can see I have two girls, with Kylea(3) I gained 16 Ibs and lost most of it after having her, then I didn't really do anything to get it off. Then I got pregnant with Kendal (18 mo) did not gain a lb, actually lost 7 lbs with her and @ 2 week check up I had lost another 20 lbs. (she was only 4lbs 14 oz) I ate better with Kendal than i did with Kylea.
As long as you eat good, stay active, and take care of your self, you will feel better about yourself. Good luck to you and those that are TTC.
I give credit to those who can stick with goals and children. I know I break a lot of goals. Ha ha.
March 4th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Stacia
So far I have loved being pregnant for the most part. I have dropped 12 pounds in ten weeks without even really trying. My waist is getting thicker and the weight is falling off my legs and bum. I went to a dietician when I found out I was pregnant to try and minimise my weight gain. My obstetrician is really happy and said that given my pre-pregnancy size I shouldn't gain much weight.

Here's my menu....

Breakfast Option 1 - 1/2 cup muesli with one cup yoghurt
Breakfast Option 2 - 1 piece soy and linseed toast, boiled egg and sardines

Lunch - Salad, something off the Subway low fat menu, or a small serving of pasta salad

Dinner - Potato or 1/2 cup pasta or rice, all the veggies you want, 1 piece of meat (chicken, steak, lamb...)

Snacks: Low fat pudding, 1 Apple, 1 Banana, Slice of Watermelon, All the berries I want, Sunflower seeds

I don't know if this helps anyone but it has certainly worked for me.
March 6th, 2006, 03:05 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
i was at first. before i got pregnant with ds, i was losing weight. i lost weight during my first trimester as well. im not worried now just watch what you eat and get moderate exersize. i was afraid i was going to gain a ton of weight like i did with my daughter. keep guzzling that water. and of course you're gonna have to gain SOME weight i mean you're growing a human being in your body

im not sure on how your veiws are on breastfeeding, but i know that you can lose weight quicker if you plan on breastfeeding. i plan on doing so this time around i did with dd, but i was a quitter

March 8th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried about that right now. I have gained three pounds and I'm not out of my first trimester. what kills me is I'm not eating any more than before!!! NOt sure what is going on. I'm going to see my dietitian in April, so hopefully she will be able to look at my food log and tell me what i'm doing wrong. I was losing weight before I got pregnant, and was on weightwatchers. Hoepfully I can get back on track!! I've got to start exercising more though. I've been so tired i've stopped.
1sttimemomtobe, (sorry I don't know your name) How far along are you?
Marina
March 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Ok.. Here is a run down on all my pregnancies.. With Walker I lost 11 pounds my first trimester.. I gained that back plus the 6 pounds he weighed when he was born.. With Braxton I lost 35 pounds the first trimester.. I never gained the full amount back.. And I weighed alot less after he was born than I did prepregnancy.. I again lost weight with this one.. 12 pounds to be exact.. I have gained some back but not all of it.. I asked my doc if he was concerned.. And he said if I started out thin then yes he would. But since I started out heavy it wouldn't hurt..
March 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM
gavinsmommy9-19-06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had started losing weight as my new years resolution and cut back on soda. Doing good with the soda part but tooooooooooooo TIRED to exersice now maybe in a couple weeks when I hit the 2nd trimester!
March 10th, 2006, 06:07 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
My mother lost 35 lbs when she was pregnant with me. My doc is not worried about it and has even said I can loose up to delivery and be ok.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM
ca_mommie's Avatar Super Mommy
oh yess... iam worried!
March 19th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
I can totally relate to all of you....I have had worries and fears about gaining too much weight or not being able to lose the weight after the baby is born...but I really plan on using my baby as motivation to get kick started...I wanna be able to run around and have fun with him and enjoy his life...so it will be an awesome motivator! Plus sized girls tend to lose / gain weight at diffferent rates then thinner women...I wouldn't worry to much and just do your best to have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Melissa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search