Hiya

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2006, 09:40 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
Hiya,

My name is Jade, i'm 16 and found out i was pregnant Last thursday (pregnancy wasn't planned, but i'm happy). I've been a nervous wreck ever since as i miscarried back in august and i'm sooo scared incase it happens again, but i'm glad somebody gave me a second shot at it also . I'm a little overweight so i'd decided to join plus size mommies. I was gonna invest in a doppler but they are SO expensive and i really can't afford right now because i'm house hunting and i need to save extra cash now that i'm pregnant, plus they dont really detect until your so far gone so i might try one when i'm a little furthur gone. Um...My story so far is:

Thursday i found out i was pg.

Friday I took a clear blue digital which read 'PREGNANT' then i had really bad aching pains in my hips and my kidneys so i went to a dr to get checked out and he said it's not anything which really worries him, so that put my mind at ease a little.

Saturday the pains continued but went off at night time (THANK GOD)...

Yesterday my pregnancy test result from the dr's said negative...But i took a hpt straight after and it was positive lol, the receptionist who told me basically said that the hospitals pg tests are crap!

And then i woke up this morning with a trapped nerve! GRRRR! It's so painful!!!

Monday i goto see midwife, i can't wait for that, to get a u/s date!

<div align="center"></div>
February 23rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just thought id say welcome to the board..hmm so your test said it was neg what kind of test did the DR do? after taking many home pregnancy test (which were all positive) it still wasnt enough so i went to my drs and had a blood test and it also came out positive..if you didnt have a blood test you should get one done but not that im saying home pregnancy test are wrong..there are false negs but not false positives! congrats on your pregnancy! my name is sandy and im a first time mom to be..my peanut inside me was also not planned and it has been hard but i love my peanut a ton!..even though i new i was pregnant and everything i had a great feeling when i got to hear its heartbeat..i wish i could get a doppler but ill just settle hearing it at the drs even though i would love to hear it everyday hehe..well hope to see u around take care and i hope u have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

February 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks Loads!

My dr really should have give me a blood test, he's such a....
well anyways, when i went in last time coz i was miscarrying, he asked me WHAT i was crying for....use ur brain doc eh?

I really dont like him, i cant understand him, and he thinks he can see you and see you out within 2 mins just coz he's been a doc for 'years', ok so i suppose it gets boring for them but he needs to think of his patience before himself(sp? lol). Alls he did when i went to tell him i was pregnant was refer me to a midwife, diddnt check my height, weight, blood pressure, diddnt do a blood test or even a urine test to confirm it! He gets me so angry i just hope my midwife is better.

February 23rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
your midwife will be better...i love my doctor!! shes kind and caring and enjoys doing what she does.. if i were u i would of really requested a blood test but whatever u no your pregnant i cant picture u getting those positive and it actually be a neg..it usually doesnt work that way..if he didnt do a blood test or a urine test how the heck does he no its a negative? you should consider getting a new doc after you have your baby so u wont have to go back to him..

February 23rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Welcome and congratulations!

I hope you have better luck with the midwife. I'm seeing a midwife at the ob clinic where I go and I absolutely love her! She's always so nice and patient and willing to answer any questions.

Keep us updated!

February 23rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
well, i took a unrine sample in, and handed it to the receptionist, then she called me yesterday and told me it was negative, it would have been a definate positive if the doc would have done a test there and then. I know i'm pregnant but at the time i'd only took 1 test and it was really faint, so i told the doc to confirm it and thats when he asked me to give in a urine sample.

Ive taken a first response - faint positive

Clear blue digital - 'Pregnant-

and

Answer - Clear Positive...

So i thnk i'm pregnant haha

So anyways, the receptonist told me to take another sample in monday, but i might just stuff that and see what my midwife does...i might aswell coz i see her Monday.

February 23rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
if i were u i would wait to see your midwife since your doctor doesnt seem all that nice..i wish u the best of luck on your first appointment and i hope u have a healthy pregnancy and im sorry about your loss i hope u never have to go through that again..the digital home pregnancy test is great..i took that one also after taking many of the other ones...that one is worth buying not the other ones please keep us updated!!!

February 24th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Yeah the digi tests are great, when they flash up 'pregnant' hehe. Too bad the result only stays for an hour though, but at least you can save the cartridge.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search