i am so a shame and embarass

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
andrewNdereksmom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewNdereksmom
this is about my weight gain, i am so embarass and a shame of myself. pre pregnancy weight was 157) i think) and now i am at 295.... i really dont know what to do know. i am too disappointed at myself. i shouldnt have even checked how much ive gain at my friends house knowing i would be mad. ive always been heavy for my age i am 19. i plan on changing a little after i have this baby...hopefully soon.

i know its for a reason why i am gaining this much weight but see i last went to see my midwife the 15th then i was 288 but now i am 295 what the hell happen...ive been drinking alot more water. my friend said most of it is probably water weight for whatever its called. other then that i need to stop eating junk food..oh well junk food aint worth it if eating it is gonna make me feel bad about myself...

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT GAIN TO MUCH WHILE PREGNANT? IF SO PLEASE REPLY BACK. I WOULD APPREICATE IT REALLY.....

THATS ALL

HOPE TO READ SOME REPLYS

THANKS FOR READING IT

BECKY

thank u GraysMama

February 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wish i could help u a little more but i do understand what your going through...im not that far along so i havent gained much weight and i constantly think about my weight..you could try walking more and when the baby comes youll lose some weight and then u could start doing other things (when your ready)..you could start eating healthy now if u havent done so and after you have your baby continue to eat healthy and drink plenty of water..soda isnt good for anyone..im the same age as u but before i got pregnant i was around 230 or a little less i did lose 90 pounds(a while before i became pregnant) but im still over weight..if you set your mind to it youll be able to lose the weight trust me..

February 27th, 2006, 07:41 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
I weighed 243 when I got weighed at my first appointment - 8 weeks. Now I weigh 253 at 17 weeks. It really sucked to go up that next notch on the doctor scale - from the 200 to the 250. I know 10 pounds isn't that much, and in fact is fine by my doctor, but of course, she is skinny. Hehe.

I was on weight watchers before I got pregnant and had lost about 20 pounds. You can do weight watchers while you are breastfeeding and I plan to do that.

I've tried to find healthy things to snack on. I have a peach and banana sitting on my desk right now. I have carrot sticks in my lunch. It doesn't really satisfy my sweet tooth, but I know if I can eat this stuff during the day, that I can cheat a little.

Don't fixate on your weight number. Just concern yourself with the actual amount you have gained in your pregnancy. Like, currently I have gained 10 pounds. That's a normal amount to gain.

We're here for you.

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

February 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
When I was pg with my daughter, I was 19yrs old. I was 200lbs a size 16 and I'm 5'8. I delivered at 265 and 20 yrs old. I got the depo after I had my daughter (BIG mistake) and I ended gaining even MORE weight. (a couple lbs, but I DO blame the depo) This pg, I lost 13 lbs and only gained back 1 (so far) and I'm 24wks...

I do think you will lose some weight after you have your baby.. most of it IS water and extra blood, the baby, the placenta... etc. Don't worry you will be fine. You just might have to work a little at it.

February 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
andrewNdereksmom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewNdereksmom
lol i kinda made a mis-type i meant to say my pre pregnancy weight was i think 275 not no 157

thank you all for replying back. i was one the depro shot when my hubby and i started to see eachother that is when my weight zoom up...anyways today i started to walk not that far since my midwife told me to take it easy plus my lower back hurts when i was not even that far. walk twice today, this morning and afternooon i even made hubby go with me when i walked the second time.
i told him i would like to join curves. anyone a member?
or get me that ab lounge thingie that i really really want. since it came out. all i know is that once i have this baby I AM GONNA LOSE WEIGHT....ive been big since i was 8 and its time to change...
To tell you the truth i think i want to changed so bad now cause i am gonna be a mommy and i want to make a good impression.....

thanks again
becky

thank u GraysMama

March 6th, 2006, 03:00 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
hey hon! a friend of mine was on the depo shot too and she gained 110 pounds in a year. over the past 5 years i've gained over a 100 pounds. which i've never admitted. i just had my thyroid checked and its underactive.

when i was in high school, i was a lean size 9. i was very active in sports and ate healthy. after i moved out on my own at 16 and switched schools, i stopped exersizing and from then on i gained ALOT of weight. i never knew why either because although i do loove food, ive always been cautious of what i eat, but still managed to gain weight. i was very very depressed until recently. the only person who knew exactly how much i weighed and how much i had gained was my hubby. i talked to my mom and she told me to get my thyroid checked and i did. ask your doctor to do a blood test to see if your thyroid is underactive because that can contribute to quick weight gain. good luck hon!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search