Poking in to say hi!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Regular
Hi every one!

It's been a while since I posted here but I wanted to check back in and say hello! I was diagnosed with PCOS just recently and prescribed metformin. I'm hoping this will jump start my cycles to get them normal, help me lose a little of this weight, and put me on track to getting that BFP!

Me & DH (25)
Fur Baby Micky (Boston Terrier, 3 mos.)

PCOS Dx June 2009
Metformin ER 1500mg
New diet, new exercise routine!

August 10, 2010--BFP!

June 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hi, glad you stopped in, and metformin is great stuff, it helped me get my cycles straightened out and get my bfp
June 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I saw you introduce yourself on the PCOS board. I didn't introduce myself over there... I'm more active over here.

Anyway... i'm Annaka (25) DH is Rob (28) and we are TTC our first. I'm also on met. I'm not really sure what, if anything, it's doing for me, but I tollerate it in hopes that it IS doing something!
Best of luck to you!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
June 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Regular
Yay, congrats WVMama! It sounds like the belly aches may be worth it! Did you lose any weight on it? Gumonyershoe, you and your DH are so cute. I'll cross my fingers that the met is helping you guys out!

Me & DH (25)

PCOS Dx June 2009
Metformin ER 1500mg

August 10, 2010--BFP!

June 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Meagan I did lose some weight while on it, but I was also dieting, it made me miserable at first, it made me nauseous and also gave me the D word hope that was not tmi, but the symptoms did disappear after about 2 weeks
June 18th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Regular
I've started "dieting" too. Some of my labs were a little off on other things (triglycerides, good cholesterol...) so I'm doing the mostly veggies/protein diet. I find that tuna, fruit, granola and yogurt are also pretty good and my Dr. approves (even if DH is resistant to jump on board...I guess he's been better though). I've been taking long walks at night after work as well. So I'm hoping this plus the met do something in that department. The most important thing though is getting my cycles on track so I can get that BFP!

Me & DH (25)

PCOS Dx June 2009
Metformin ER 1500mg

August 10, 2010--BFP!

June 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Meagan - The first time I was on Met I was pretty good about keeping a diabetic diet and was also outdoors working and stuff and I lost a pretty good amount of weight. This time I haven't really been focusing on dieting, but last time I was at the dr for my 3 month follow up I was down 3 lbs from when I had been in before. Don't know if it was a fluke, or if I seriously had lost the weight. But i do believe it helps some.
And thank you! We're crossing our fingers and our toes that this is our month! If not, there's always next month.
You and your DH are cute as well! Good luck!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search