Anyone ***truly*** plus sized?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just curious because I was reading threads, and noticed many people saying they were a size 14 or 16. To me (26/28), that is not plus sized, that is average size. Anyway, not trying to be offensive to the smaller plus size mommies, just wondered if there were any bigger ladies like myself here.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
March 1st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wanted to say hi!!

i use to be around that size untill i lost weight.. i dont consider 16 (my size) to be average because i still have alot of weight on me well i no i didnt really answer your question but just wanted to say hi and welcome!

March 1st, 2006, 05:08 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a 20/22 before I got pregnant. I do understand what you mean. I'm definately still a "plus" when I manage to get down to a 16 (5yrs ago, lol). But I was under the impression that 14 was the "average" size for american women these days...

</div>
March 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I am 22/24 pant size... But a 26/28 shirt size.. Due to being large chested.... My pregnancy pic is my real size... I haven't gained any weight.... I just became rounder and fuller in the belly
March 2nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
i sometimes (prepreg) would wear a 20 or 22, depending on the make of the clothes. i agree with you it sucks when someone really tiny says they are a plus-size person when they arent.
March 2nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
Leslie=)'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Tonya, I definitely consider myself plus-sized because that is the department I have to shop in, LOL=)!!! Seriously though, I can wear anything from an 18 to a 24 depending on the brand and style, KWIM. Aren't you pretty tall too.... I think I remember that you are from pics on our Nov2005 board. Because you honestly don't look like a 26/28 to me.
March 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
i was a size 26/28 about a year before i got pregnant.
when i found out i was pregnant, i was in a ragular size 16.
now, a year later i am in a size 22/24.
it does aggravate me when 14/16 size people (or the media) say they are plus sized.
March 2nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dont understand why u consider a size 16 "tiny" u gotta look at me!!.. im about 230 or so and thats not considered tiny..ha i wish i was tiny

March 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
I was a size 20 before getting pregnant, and now am about 22/24 or so. Some XXL clothes don't fit me - depends on the maker of the clothes.

I don't have a popped out belly - I have two rolls that just get bigger. I'm also carrying low, so that doesn't help my two rolls look. Hehe.

But, I just have to be happy with myself and try not to get too down on myself for my weight at this point. But I do wish people would see me as pregnant and now just extra fat.

March 2nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Aren't you pretty tall too.... I think I remember that you are from pics on our Nov2005 board. Because you honestly don't look like a 26/28 to me.[/b]
Well, I am around 5'10 or 5'11, but I am definately still a 26/28. I can only imagine what I may look like if I was any shorter...lol!

Quote:
I don't have a popped out belly - I have two rolls that just get bigger. I'm also carrying low, so that doesn't help my two rolls look. Hehe.[/b]
Believe me, I can relate.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
March 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I am 20/22 in pants and 22/24 in shirts, however, Lane Bryant considers plus sized to be 14. That is I THINK their smallest size, not sure, could be 12-14. I would LOVE to be out shopping somewhere else. My day will come.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
March 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to svantassell
When I first met my soon to be ex husband a year and half ago i was a full size 24. I then lost about 40 pounds and almost made it in to a size 20 (sigh) then i got pregnant and lost more weight but my freaking belly stayed around so i stayed in plus size 22s and at 34 weeks pregnant i am still wearing my size 24s! I'm truly plus sized no mini plus size here lol And i love it every time i talk to me skinny pregnant friends about weight gain and maternity clothes and I can say I'm still under my prepregnancy weight and can still wear non maternity clothes!!! I can't wait to see what size i am after I have Sophia in a couple of weeks!
March 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue à Canada
I was a 22/24 before I got pregnant and those lil puppies (jeans) don't fit anymore...but I can still fit into all my jogging pants or yoga pants!

Melissa

March 5th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a size 20 I wear a 22 to work because I like them a lottle lose. In a shirt I just wear a XL. I got the butt and hips going on ...lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 6th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I've got the butt and hips thing going too! Pre-preggo I was a solid size 18 in bottoms and had to buy XL in tops otherwise they'd be too snug around my hips (even though I'm really small in the chest). Though now I can't fit into my jeans and recently had to return some stuff to Old Navy for sz 20. I'm movin on up in the world!

It's funny.. last time I was at the doctors office and told the nurse my weight she kind of laughed and asked "All baby, huh?" I looked at her like she was nuts and pointed at my thighs & butt. lol! I mean.. it made me feel good but I've only gained 2 lbs so far! So it's definitely all me!!

March 6th, 2006, 02:54 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
i was a size 14 before i got pregnant with dd. then i went up to a size 22/24. i've only gained 10 lbs this pregnancy compared to the 44 lbs with dd. after ds is born in a couple more weeks, i plan on going back to the gym. i was exersizing until recently, i did change my eating habits and lifestyle when i got pregnant with ds. i can honestly say that though i am looking foward to going back down to a size 14, i am no longer ashaimed of my weight gain. i was for a long time after i had dd. i think my major problem areas are going to be my breasts, (which were a 32 C prepregnancy with dd, and now a 38 DDD) and the mommy pouch i have hehe.

March 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
what other options are there for big chested women besides reconstructive surgery??? i miss my c cups.

March 6th, 2006, 07:01 PM
taimas mama's Avatar Regular
Ya, I wish my 16W or 18W was tiny- I'm 5'3" and 216 pounds-I had my daughter 28 months ago and still have 16 pounds to lose before I get to be at my prepreg size 16w/14W-I haven't fit in a "regular" sized piece of clothing in 7 years-so as long as there is a W on my clothing label or if I have to shop in the Womens section or at 5th Avenue or Lane Bryant, I am plus sized. I've never been tiny with this booty and hips anyhow. I'll be glad to fit into a 14 reg again someday and then....I won't be plus sized.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search