July~Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2009, 07:11 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hey gals can you beleive it's July already, wow!!! So what's your plans today??

I am going to have a bunch of blood work today, including a test for gestational diabetes, and several other things and take them my 24 hour urine test...ick Please wish me luck I really don't want to have gestational diabetes on top of high blood pressure.
I hope you gals have a wonderful day

July 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
nothing here, been raining and gonna rain ALL week
July 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
July already...wow. This time last year I was ginormously prego and praying that Carlie wouldn't be born early so Jason could make it home from her birth. We were only halfway through the deployment, and Wyatt wasn't even 2. Geesh! Where did the year go?

Vicki, I hope everything turns out okay with the GD test. KUP!!!

July 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck today vicki!! KUP on the results!

I am super excited its july! I can officially say my baby girl is due next month!!

We got our pack and play and the glider last night...I Think we have everything we need for her room except for some decoration-y type things for her shelves! !!!! Well we don't have a crib mattress or changing pad, but if I have a shower I am hoping I get those two things there!
They are installing her carpet on Tuesday morning and then we can set UP!

I am really excited for Monday because we have a growth ultrasound! I can't wait to see her again! I am hoping they can tell us if she has hair or not! hehehehehe!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Today I took a preg test and it was negative. Oh well. Just 12DPO. so I guess there's still hope.

Gotta take DH to get his hair cut and to the doctor. He thinks he has an ear infection again.

Later tonight we have some friends coming over for dinner.

That's about it.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am excited for July... I really want to go camping... I also get my level II u/s and more blood work done and hopefully find out gender!!!!

Vicki, GD is really not that bad... I am just confused why they think I have it when my sugars have all been UNDER 120!!! Oh well...

I am definately going to try and participate more with you ladies... I have pretty much been on the DDC December...

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday!!! But I have to work tomorrow but thank goodness DH remembered my birthday and told me he is taking me out to Red Lobster tonight for dinner!!!! Yay!!! I have been craving seafood especially lobster and crab!!! And baby has too!!! Yummy....
July 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
Happy Early Bday Medic!!
I am confused about you being dx w/ GD too if your sugars have all been under 120. Can you ask to retake the test?

I am fried I fell asleep at the pool today for 3 hours just floating around on the water!

I need to get some cleaning done...and decide on something for dinner. I wanted to grill out, but Sambo doesn't think he will be home until 8ish which means we wouldnt eat until 930ish and I am so tired of eating that late so I will just have something ready I suppose! Poor Sam has been having a really bad day - he is raking hay and the rake keeps breaking He is going to be a crabbbbb tonight!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
July 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Chelsea, yay for having pretty much all of the furniture for Brylie's bedroom and for it only one more month till you get to meet her, boo for being sun burned ....ouch, and hopefully Sam isn't too crabby

Kelly, Happy b'day girl, and ditto on not knowing why they say you had GD if your blood sugar stays around 120, I would ask

Annaka, I never get bfp's that early girl, I was 14 dpo and got a faint bfp this time and with Caleb I was 15dpo and got a faint bfp, I think having pcos makes your hcg rise slower, so don't give up yet, fingers crossed for you, and hope your dh feels better soon.

Stacey, I know what you mean about time flying especially lately.

I had all my tests done today, the results of the GD should be in tomorrow, and by monday they should have the results for the 24 hour urine test and all the tests on my thyroid, kidney's and liver.

July 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
vicki why did they check your kidneys & liver if you dont mind me asking?

I have been soooo itchy lately and I remember vaguely reading something about severe itchiness during pregnancy could be a sign that something is wrong with your liver...so im going to ask about our appt on Tuesday. Because I could claw my skin off!!

Sam just got home....he hasn't come inside yet which typically means he is crabby ....but I have dinner ready to go for him so hopefully that will cheer him up. I made lazy dinner tonight...spaghetti in a can and browned hamburger! takes all of 15 min to get ready..which is good because I slept until 8! Woops! so much for getting my cleaning done!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
July 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
They checked my Kidney's and liver because high bp can actually make them not function the way they should, so they are making sure that's not happening, i think I will have to repeat this test from what they told me, not imediately but ever so often during this pregnancy
I have waited and waited for Caleb to get tired, and he is still awake, and i am so tired, wish dh would get home to relieve me for a while

July 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
just relaxing and being lazy with the kids today!

sorry havent been around much! been running around here and there with the kids this summer! they are keeping me busy

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
July 2nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Well AF showed up late last night. I was SO sick. I hurt so bad. It was the worst I'd ever felt for AF. I kind of was getting the feeling earlier in the evening that it might be coming and then around 8 or 9 I had some spotting and then BAM.
It hurt so bad I was nauseated. It was awful. I almost called out of work this morning but decided to tough it out. I'm glad I did. I had a REALLY good day at work.

Happy Birthday Kelly!

Donise, spending the summer with the kiddos is awesome!

Chelsea hope Sam wasn't too cranky!

Vicki, hope your test results all come back good.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone!!!

I don't know why but I am in such a chipper mood!!!!

Annaka I am sorry about AF making you not feel so well....

Maybe I am chipper because I only work a half shift tonight and when I come home I am going to get online and buy cloth diapers!!! Hahaha... I'm a dork.

Ugh, next week I have 2 appointments, a prenatal eye appointment, I meet with the maternal-fetal OB, and then have to get the Quad test done, and then next week I have another appointment... this sucks!!!

Chelsea are you getting more excited?!?!? Maybe your skin is so itchy because of being in the sun and the pool and it drying it out???

Vicki, I hope your tests come back all normal. I have asked about retaking the test and they said when I am about 28 weeks I will have to re-do the glucose tolerance test... so who knows.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!
July 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
i was itchy long before i started spending everyday at the pool....i have an appt on tuesday so im going to ask about it!

where has been vicki been lately? hopefully everything is ok with her precious bean and caleb!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
July 4th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wow Chelsea, hope your itchiness goes away, strange how many things there are that can scare us when pregnant, things that didn't use to be anything more than annoying is now a symptom, let us know what you find out, hopefully it's nothing serious!

Sorry I havn't been around too much girls, I have had a pretty bad headache the last two days, i am pretty sure it's related to my blood pressure, but since i have a doctor appointment this week anyway I will just tell them then.
I probably won't be around too much this weekend, we finally got Caleb's swingset and dh is putting it together right now, and we quite a few other things on the agenda as well, such as getting new living room furniture, and making dh put my new canopy swing together.

July 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
im glad youre ok vicki!! be sure to take pics of the new furniture!!!!!!!! i hope you have a wonderful 4th

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
July 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I have just finished up my backreading!

Chels- I ithced the whole time I was preggo, even more towards the end. I swear I was putting on lotion like 5 times a day!

Vicki- I hope that your head is feeling better and that you bp is doing ok.

Medicbaby- I hear you on wanting to go camping! I am going the weekend of the 17th and the 30th. I have only been once this summer and I am itchin to get back out there!

I have been busy as all get out. Stella has become very mobile lately. Looks like she might finally get the whole crawling thing figured out! She will be 8 months old tomorrow. Where has all the time gone?

Annaka- I am sorry that AF decided to show her ugly face, and with a vengance no less.

July 6th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing today!?!?!!?

I'm very excited!!! I ended up ordering the start of my cloth diaper stash... and hopefully this week can find out the sex of the baby!!!!
July 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Hey girls I noticed noboby had posted to this in a while, I have become such a slacker!!! I hope everyone's week is going well so far, ours is thus far, we got a wii yesterday and I love it, put I have been playing bowling on it and my arm is so sore now, lol a video game kicked my butt.

July 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
i love wii bowling vicki! how fun!

well brylie's nursery is 98% finished! the only things left are to put her name on the wall and to put up the picture frames on another wall that will have ultrasound/maternity/family pix (after shes born of course) in them! We have been trying to schedule our maternity pictures with the photographer that did our wedding (we adored her) but for some reason she hasn't called us back or emailed! it is kind of annoying me, but I am having a very difficult time finding another photographer I want to try. Not many have maternity picture portfolios online. I am getting stressed because I'm sure appts are filling up pretty quick with senior pictures!

SIGH!

not much else is new with me....i have been painting the shelves brylie's great grandpa built for her closet...which is going to be the death of me! they are such beautiful shelves, but they are a pain in my arse!! i shouldnt complain though - the shelves we copied were $300/each and for the two shelves grandpa built us it cost us $84.00!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search