o/t (xposted) bedroom decor ? - kind of long sorry!!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 01:41 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday Sam & I went and got a new bed (its a king size plush top wonderfulness that I can't WAIT to sleep on!)..anyway now I am in "fix it up" mode (our house needed to be fixed up decor wise anyway)...so we currently don't have a bedroom set but I think one day this week I will just go back to the furniture store and buy one even though Sam told me not to because I want my new bed to look pretty! So my question is this - our room is huge and it's set up really weird. It's essentially two rooms because there is a wall dividing the room in half (I wish we could knock it down but it is a main support wall so we cant). This wall makes it very difficult for me to envision any sort of color scheme in there. Sam and I like earthy tones (chocolate brown, sage green, sky blue, tan, you know those kinds of things.

My SIL will paint it for us (she painted brylie's room too and she is just super talented) and she keeps telling me to pick out bedding first which normally I would do BUT since I just can't envision anything that makes it really difficult to do!

Anyway, I included some pics of how our room is now (its gross gross gross) and I can't WAIT to get rid of the peach disgustingness! And the bedding is nothing we love, we got it for free from Sam's cousin because she ordered a queen and needed a full and didn't return it in time, so she just gave it to us. It's very "teenager" and we want something more adult, but no flowers or anything like that! We are kind of into the contemporary/mod look I guess.

Anyway if you read this much and can offer any advice it is greatly appreciated! Or even if you just say like what you would do in there maybe it can give me some inspiration!

Thank you SO much!

Walking into our room from the hallway (see the dividing wall on the left?)

Standing next to the dividing wall, looking into the other half of the room (this furniture is no longer here, we sold it a couple of weeks ago so the room has literally been a boxspring and mattress on the floor)

The bed - like my pink blanket sheets! haha I was washing the curtains and it was too sunny in there for me to nap!

Looking the other way in the room - into the big open abyss!

thank you so much if you made it this far! i know its long and babbly but I couldn't think of any other way to explain it!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 20th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
how about you can pain the walls a type of green to match your bedding, and paint the brown stuff by the floor to the wall white.. Put up some shelves to put pictures, w/e you want it..
July 20th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I would consider doing a sage green on top and a chocolate brown chair rail but then I am not very creative at all, my bedroom is completely done in a light tan color because it's earthy and neutral, in the winter I use bright colored curtains and sheets so I have to be careful about matching,
Another thing that might help open it up a bit, is to put decorative mirrors on the wall between
sorry I am not more helpful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search