Got Put On Bedrest today :(

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well as you know I had to do the 24h urine collection (I actually only did 21h but close enough I suppose! ) and as of 3:00 I hadn't heard anything so I pretty much considered myself in the clear. At 3:17 my phone rang and it was the midwife I saw yesterday (Bridget). I knew as soon as the office's number came up something showed up. Well my urine had quite a bit of protein in it. She said it was well over double what they considered acceptable. (Forgive me, I was in tears and I don't actually remember a lot of what she told me). She told me that since my BP's have been "borderline" she isn't dx'ing me with pre-e as yet (I have had some headaches, nothing horrible, and no other real issues..no swelling, no blurred vision, etc)...but she wants to prevent that so I am on bedrest now. I have to go do NST 2x a week starting Friday afternoon. I will go every Tu. and Fri which will be nice to at least get out of the house for a few hours.
I am super sad about this - everything has been almost perfect this entire pregnancy and I LOVE being pregnant. But now being on bedrest makes me want it to be over. They told me no more pool or anything, but I said I cannot promise that. I promised not to swim, but I can't promise I won't just go float around. I figure I am sitting, the water is really cold so I won't get too hot, and I will be more relaxed there than at home so it's probably fine .
I am just really sad because we have so much planned for the rest of the summer that I do NOT want to miss, but I know I should miss them for the sake of Brylie. (Which I will miss them, I just don't want to)....So Sam will be out and about doing all the fun things I want to do too while I sit at home alone for the next 5(ish) weeks.

I have been crying since I got off the phone with my midwife. All my friends live an hour + away in the city, my mom is dead so I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to about this, my family doesn't know im pregnant, I don't have any siblings, my MIL drives me crazy so I don't want her here - plus she would not be thrilled if she had to be out of the pool anyway, and Sam works 10-12h a day, plus has tons of commitments so I feel shut out of the world. I hate this, I hate wanting her to be born. I have NEVER had these thoughts until today. I want her to be healthy, but I don't want to feel like a shut in.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Aww, sweetie, *BIG HUGS* I wish there was something I could say to make it magically better. Unfortunately, there just isn't. I know you'd do anything you had to do to help keep Brylie healthy, but it still stinks that you're on bedrest. Your ticker says 37 days to go--I know you can do it!!! You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. And really, it might be less than 37 days. Hang in there, Chels! Try to relax and enjoy these last days to yourself. I know it sucks to have to be on bedrest, but I know you can make it through! And soon you'll be holding that beautiful little miracle in your arms and those days will all be worth it. In the meantime, we're here if you need to vent!

Oh--just wanted to add...I don't see how floating around in the pool would hurt. It's very relaxing, and I think it'd be good for you as long as you're not actively swimming around.

KUP on how you're doing!!

July 22nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
Im soo srry!! I had preE but never had a chance to rest or anything. My numbers was 1600 and they suppose to be under 300. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me!
July 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Chelsea, I am so sorry, I also had pre e with Caleb, but did not develop it until almost 38 weeks so they just induced me and I had him the next morning.
I know bed rest sucks, but I have to agree with you floating in the pool so long as your not swimming sounds safe to me, I hope the time flies by for you girl, and we are here for you!!

July 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
So sorry to hear that! I agree with the other ladies though. I think the pool should be fine as long as it's just floating around. Sad that you'll miss the other summer things. But definitely once beautiful Brylie is in your arms it'll all be worth it and then some I'm sure!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you have to go through this.... I am always here if you want to talk just PM me... or if you have Myspace. just PM and we can exchange emails.... I am here.. I love to talk!
July 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
That so totally blows Chelsea... I'm so sorry
July 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy or is there a chance you can be taken off if your BP comes down? I'm sorry, that would drive me nuts too. Especially being alone so much. I hope a miracle happens and something changes and you can return to your normal life.

Major
July 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my bp isnt high....i mean its "borderline" (like 130-140/60-70) but their biggest concern was the amount of protein in my urine.

it does suck amber ESPECIALLY since we were going to come to DSM this weekend (sunday)! but not now SOB.

I have my first NST tomorrow and I am going to bit** about this! I'm only a day into it and I can't take it anymore. I feel amazing and seriously sitting around doing nothing is NOT my thing. I have been cleaning a little bit today because we're having company this weekend and Sam doesn't get home until too late to get everything done that needs to be done. I seriously feel better than I have ever felt so this is KILLING me!

If it is still safe for me to get acupuncture I am going to have her start the induction stuff at 36w - she said it usually takes 2-3x before anything really happens and since i got once a week that would put me at 37/38w at the earliest before anything would happen. i do NOT want pitocin.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry your on bed rest! Hope things get better!
July 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am just now seeing this. Bed rest is a PITA, but it is worth it. I was on bed rest for a week at 28 weeks for HBP but got to come off of it because my BP went down. I ended up with pre-e, but my BP was normal when I ended up with it. I do not see any problem with laying around in the pool. A friend of mine was on bed rest for a long time during her pregnancy and all she ever did was lay around in the pool and read. Worked just fine for her!
I wish you teh best of luck, and when things get really boring/bad just remember why you are doing it and it helps a lot!

August 1st, 2009, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Chelsea, hope the BP is down and you can come off bed rest soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search